*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1400062-Trouble
by Dadgad
Rated: E · Short Story · Children's · #1400062
Jimmy gets in trouble for something he was bet to do(and doesn't get the $5).
Deal! Once Luke had finally left, I started immediately, but first, two things went wrong that day. One was that Dad heard me talking to Luke about a deal and money so I had to lie and say, “We were just playing pretend.”

Number two is that I get a time out for something that Luke made me do!

The only times you can talk to Davy are when he’s not doing math homework, watching tv or eating. So, I got him when he was switching from math to tv. “Hey, Davy, what’s up?” “Not much,” he said. “Well, want to go up to the top of the hill? We can play helicopter.” I started swinging a rope above my head to get him going. “Awesome,” he said, “Okay.” So now we’re at the top of the hill and I’m trying to tell him that it’s a new version of the game that I made up, and you have to have your hands tied up behind your back to play it.

“Oh, man! I said, “I forgot my rope to swing and twirl.” I tell Davy to sit tight while I get the rope. I’m hoping that he won’t fall asleep, like he always does when we do something fun. And when I get back, he’s asleep! “Davy, Davy! Wake up!” I practically yelled. Since he’s not waking up right now, I thought, I decided to just push him down the hill and I will still get 5 bucks from Luke!

It just so happened that dad was coming out to get us for dinner at that exact moment. “Oh, no! I better run!” I started thinking. But my dad started to yell. “Get back here right now!” So, I decided not to.

“Mom, Jimmy pushed me down the hill!” Davy said. “He did?” Mom asked. “Oh, he’s definitely getting a time out!” “Too late. I already did, dad said.”“I’m so dizzy, I can’t walk!” groaned Davy. “Here take some Tums.” Mom said to Davy. 

“Why do I always get in trouble? Did you say anything? No. Oh, okay. Hey, I started thinking, maybe I could just sneak out the back door and hide until they go searching for me, then come back inside and say I was there the entire time. Well, I found a good hiding place, got carried away, then stuck my tongue out at them and went, BLLLTTH!

I meant for it to be quiet! I pleaded. But they didn’t give in. So, this I got spanked, grounded for a week, and I also got a time out until bed. I think I should get $10 instead of five. But I guess it serves me right for listening to an eighth grader that got held back 2 years.
© Copyright 2008 Dadgad (flapflip1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1400062-Trouble