*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1400479-Political-Intrigues-or-Self-interest
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Political · #1400479
let the story speaks for itself!
POLITICAL INTRIGUES OR SELF-INTEREST MEASURES


Once upon a time in the tiny island of Haiti there was a family from a small southern town.  It happens that they plotted to kill that entire family for political reasons.  Can you imagine why?  For numerous reasons:  This branch of that family was not following the same political stream as the rest of them.  They were from the Right while the rest of the family was Leftist.  Isolated among their people, this family found his way out of that web of deceit and moved to the United States.  There, they thought they would be safe to lead the kind of life they dreamt for their children.  But back in Haiti, things were changing a leftist government was in power, Haiti was having political ties with communist countries like Cuba and others without them being aware of the drastic measures that were taken against them by their own people.  Under suspicious conditions, everyone started to die in that family.  First the father, then the two sons (one was killed while vacationing in a small beach resort town named Jacmel while no one ever knew how and why), the other died while married to a woman from that same town Jacmel.  It is said that he was poisoned by his jacmelian wife who; supposedly was introduced to him for that purpose. But nobody ever investigated that fact.

  The family had 3 children 2 boys and one girl.  Now that the 2 boys were dead, only the girl was left.  Married to an American, she thought that she had left behind the past and embraced America as her new home and nation.  The American husband was none the less involved with her immediate family (meaning her mother, father, brother and herself) political opponents.  Once she became suspicious of her husband involvement with her family enemies, she divorced him.  Later on, the mother died of cancer and while burying her in Haiti as she wished, behind her back, the left side of the family (cousins, aunts and few friends) helped by few influential political leftist allies in Haiti as well as in the United States along with the ex-husband plotted her downfall. The family (cousins, aunts, friends) sided up with the ex husband and started to turn her life into hell.  By court order in the divorce decree, the house she lived in was awarded to her but guess what?  He faulted on the payments he was ordered to make by the court and she lost her home while the ex husband was home free with his pension funds.  Now after spending more than 20 years taking care of children, husband and her sick mother, she found herself homeless and without any other resources since the house was the only thing she got from her divorce.  In the midterm, she became sick and was experiencing painful episodes at her joints, back, neck.  She was diagnosed with fibromyalgia and partial arthritis.  She found herself sick, homeless, financially broke and at the mercy of those who hated her for what she believes in:  Democracy and Freedom!


Follow our story in next week episode:  Why?

   
© Copyright 2008 SeuleOmonde (seuleomonde at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1400479-Political-Intrigues-or-Self-interest