*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1400676-SPRING--BREAK
Rated: E · Short Story · Contest · #1400676
Finally, I can see the signs in the landscape, Spring break!
As Old Man Winter has fallen back, into his seasonal hibernation, Spring has forwarded an e-mail to Sol, alerting him, that he is next in line to perform his magic. Melting Ice Storm, and Snow Man, have decided to fly north, for the other winter. Looking forward to newer scenery, hopefully, not too heavily damaged, by the sinister, Global Warming.
Cloudy, darkened, Skie's, have been shoved to one side, replaced with, warmer sunny rays, with fluffy, elephant shaped cumulous clouds. The matchstick tree's, are filling rapidly with lemon lime green, skittle bud's, as I pen. St. Patrick colored clover, clustered here and there, just waiting for the Easter Rabbit to hop on by. Saffron, tinted crocus litter the spring landscape, as dyed egg's, hiding in the tall, green grass.
The night sky, is illuminated by one hundred million, winking stars. I can make out The Little Dipper, and the horned constellation, Aries, the ram. Frogs lay deep in the squishy mire, croaking conversations, can be heard all throughout the quiet land. Ebon crickets, chirping, telling the entire planet that they are back, once again. No lightning bug's yet, but they are soon to follow, as with the red lady bugs.
Mother Nature has finally given the season's their newest assignment. Out with the old, and in with the new. The spirit of mankind lifted with warmest wishes. Time, to literally, spring forward, time for spring break.
poetdontknowit

(wordbank: clover, rabbit, melting, Aries, crocus)
© Copyright 2008 POETDONTKNOWIT (poetdontnoit at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1400676-SPRING--BREAK