*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1400749-Loneliness
Rated: · Other · Death · #1400749
a poem about suicide.
She sits here with a hole in her heart and longs for comfort from the hurt and pain.
The hole is not really there but the emptiness that she feels is. The feeling of loneliness from years of being alone is there. She wants it to come to an end but she doesn’t know how.
The only thing she can think of is to end it all, take the pills that are beside her and end it all. End the life if you can call it that. She can end it on her own accord. She writes a letter to her family saying it’s not their fault this is completely what she wants to do.
She signs the letter, places it on the desk beside her and swallows the pills. Slowly she falls into a deep sleep.
In a house a few streets away, he wonders what she is doing. He had been friends with her only a short while but from the first moment they meet he felt an attraction to her, fell for it. She hadn’t been to school in awhile.
Her parents ran up the stairs to find her lying there lifeless, she was gone. The empty pill bottle tipped over beside her. Her mother cries into her fathers arms. Her father being a doctor knew she was gone, no hope for his little girl. They read the letter and see that her wishes were carried out.
The next day her friend goes to school, is called to the office. He wonders what could be wrong. They sit him down and give him the letter addressed to him, it read:
Thank you for being my friend but this is something that no one could stop. I love you.
God she was gone he thought.
She looked out from above on the earth, no longer feeling the loneliness, the hurt or the pain. She was happy for the first time in years.
She watched as the funeral, her funeral took place. Her body being laid in the ground. It was all over now. She saw him standing by her body; he took off his class ring and put it on her cold lifeless finger. He cried as the casket was closed and lowered into the ground.
She felt bad for him, wished she had only known how he felt but she never would not now never would she know what I would have been like to have him holding her, to taste his lips on hers. She would never fee the warmth of his body against hers.


No second chances come once you’re DEAD!!!!!

© Copyright 2008 Scarlet (lola.sutton at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1400749-Loneliness