*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1403168-Darr-Shaw-Part-5
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Prose · Animal · #1403168
The plot thickens as the story progresses.
Darr-Shaw woke to the sounds of deep growling and hot breath on her face. She lifted her head without getting up. She was surrounded by the clan that had raised her and cared for her, their faces hidden in the shadows leaving the only things visible, dark outlines of bodies poised for battle, teeth shining as bright as their glowing eyes.

The High Priestess came forward, obviously scared but there was no mistaking the murderous intent in her stance, or voice.

“Darr-Shaw, you have preformed acts of treason and spoken words of heresy of the elders who have founded this clan from the beginning of The Great Revolution so many years ago… do you deny these accusations?  Speak carefully” (at this there were multiple growls) “Your next few words will determine your fate.”

Darr-Shaw spat at the ground in front of the High Priestess and in her raspy voice said “I shall determine my own fate. No one can take that right away from me”

The High Priestess raised one eyebrow “Those are strong words for one who is in your position”

Darr-Shaw laid her head back onto her paws and sighed in a monotone voice that seemed to be choked from her “I am in no situation I cannot control.” She looked up at the leopardess standing over her and gave a slight sigh “No, I do no deny my actions or words”

The Priestess  cracked a crooked smile from her drying lips “Oh, you are in no control. We control you. We control your past, and we control your future. Tell me, before these witnesses why you said what you said to Teris? Why did you attempt to kill her?”

At this, Darr-Shaw rose to her feet in startling succession to the end of the Priestesses question. “Attempted?”

Again the Priestess smiled “Oh, she is going to be just fine after time… her wounds life threatening, but we tended to them at just the right moment. Our healing power is what this clan is known for, you know that of ALL of us.”

Darr looked off into an unknown abyss and muttered “It was a kill. I saw it in her eyes. Her blood on my paws, her last look in my mind as so many victims before her. This village may know of healing, but no one knows more of death than me. No one knows pain.”

The Priestess turned her back to Darr-Shaw “Answer the question. Why did you say what you said to Teris? Why did you try to kill her?”

Darr-Shaw rolled her eyes and answered slowly, and dryly “I merely told her of the earlier mornings activates. She did not approve of my actions in accordance to clan loyalty.”

“You tried killing her for that? Was it for the sick pleasure you receive from watching the death of a victim? Was it-”

“Stop” Darr-Shaw merely whispered “I did it because she made me. She created this… this… monster. I do not hate myself for what I have done to others, but I do sometimes wish I knew what it was to FEEL. I have lived my entire life rejected sunlight, rejected physical touch, rejected love in any form. I have been rejected life. I want to feel something, no matter how small the feeling.”

At this many of the faces loosened and their stance more nervous. Could it be that their assassin has developed feelings of regret for what they did to her? If so… what would she be capable of?


“Well, whether you feel or you do not feel, it does not  change the fact that you have deliberately attacked one of your family. And for this, you must be punished”

Darr looked over her shoulder at the Priestess and said calmly, “The only punishment you can give me is to let me go on living. To be killed would be an honor, and to die of age would be hell.”

“Oh, keeping you alive is our plan. We cannot lose you.” She straightened up and spoke in barely a whisper. “You have a mission. You must complete said mission and report back when completed.”

“What are the parameters? Time? Location? Objective?” Darr-Shaw spoke immediately, instinctively before wondering to herself why she even bothered.

“The objective is simple, for you , and should not be longer than three days.” The Priestess then lifted one paw towards the entrance of the cave, and gave a high pitch growl. The rest of the clan then left, with no objections, or questions. “Your objective is to infiltrate the Right Ways Clan. You must be discreet and cautious. They have ideas that have brought down the mightiest warriors. Their knowledge and trickery knows no bounds. They live in light of what they call ’truth’ forcing their truths upon all those who are unfortunate enough to meet one of their clan members. You must be careful, for the clan knows one of ours is after them. They also know your handiwork. Do you remember Fleece?”

“How could I forget?” Darr-Shaw answered.

The fact is, she DID forget. Until she heard his name, that is. And then her mind flooded of long forgotten and one of the darkest memories of Darr-Shaw's past.
© Copyright 2008 Leos Vires (leos_vires at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1403168-Darr-Shaw-Part-5