*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1403227-Lily-Rosemary-and-The-Jack-Of-Hearts
by Graham
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Other · #1403227
Resurrection of the folk song.
***At Six O'clock P.M, five men moved into town. Nobody had any idea of their business there, but it was to perform a robbery at the Casino Heart, a big shot casino run by one of the richest people in the state, Jim Loury, known as Big Jim. Big Jim owned the only Diamond mine around, and had for many, many years. Big Jim was running a Shakespearian play at the Casino that starred his own wife, Lily, and a man named Bob Vern, who would be taking role as a Monk.

***Among the group of thieves was Jack Louis, known by many people as the Jack of Hearts. He had won over many women in the past, and intended to do so here, to help the other's get the heist done. He would effectively charm Lily away from Big Jim, keeping him and his body guards from finding any of the robbers.
As Jack entered, he took the idea to gain knowledge of when the play begun, to help himself catch Lily.
"Excuse me, friend, What time does the show start?" He asked a janitor with a small smirk.
"Seven-thirty." The janitor said, with a frown.
Jack's smile died down.

***Rosemary was in mild depression. She was old, about 50... She thrived to be young again, but could only reflect on her own affair 10 years ago with the Jack of Hearts. That, though, wasn't what made her depressed, but the fact that she wanted more adoration and love.
She had passed many time the thoughts of suicide, and right now was just about knocked out by all the Gin she had been drinking. He was staring in her own reflection by the knife. She wore dye in her hair, powdered her face and removed wrinkles, day by day. Her reflection in the knife gleamed.


***Lily and some 4 others from the cast were playing "Go Fish". Lily had drawn two Queens and needed a one more match her pair. In more than just a coincidence, she drew the Jack of Hearts.
"Damn." She said quietly, since she had bet down 20 dollars.
Big Jim entered and gave her a kiss on the cheek.
"How's it going?" He said, smiling a bit.
"I bet down 20 dollars... All I have is two Queens."
Jim slipped her a $20 bill.
"How's that?" He asked, smiling.

Unfinished!!!!
© Copyright 2008 Graham (yellowhat at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1403227-Lily-Rosemary-and-The-Jack-Of-Hearts