*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1403422-The-Urban-War-that-Changed-A-city
Rated: E · Preface · Action/Adventure · #1403422
Of the hundreds of officers Projects supplied, here is a focus on 20.
Who was David Domingo?
To answer that, we must answer the question, "Who are the Projects Police?" and to answer that, we must answer the question "Where is Projects?"
First, I must introduce myself. I am Malina Steele, merely a witness to the battle between Projects Protection Police and Athealla, cunning mob empress.
Projects was a refuge town for those persecuted in their faith. It was created by Lance Osten, Messianic Minister who used his life savings to buy 100 square miles of land. His son, Frederick, was the first Project-born native.
Projects is on the border between Colorado and Kansas. The city boasted flat plains only 50 years before the city's founding in 1980, scorched by the Dust Bowl. It invited Messianics, Jews, and anyone willing to learn into its borders. But, after a few years of Shalom, it was taken advantage of, and in 1999, the city got a boost in crime when Mavis Baxter, father of Athealla, murdered young secretary Laina Sykes up in the foothills they called "Scholls Mountain." It got its reputation of "Death hills" there. Only a few weeks later, wife of cheif of police David Domingo vanished after the three (they were accompanied by friends George and Holly Martin) came in the path of a snyper shooter that misfired and atook George's life. T that day, Athealla was believed to have caused that in revenge of Mavis' conviction.
The Projects Protection Police, shortened to P.P.P., was a small unit of maybe 50. But after the tragic events of 1999, hundreds were employed at the workforce, and the lives that were taken by Athealla were numerous.
Who was David Domingo? That is why I write. After Athealla kidnapped young officers Sunihika Ritsushukiegh and Jasmyn Barnes, a war broke out. A war where no lives were lost, friends became closer, and where the outcome is talked about today.
I've more to come,
Malina.
(P.S.) Malina is only a charachter, for I am a male.
Phantom.
© Copyright 2008 Phantom (messenger4yah at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1403422-The-Urban-War-that-Changed-A-city