*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1404191-The-Water-Of-Eternity
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Fantasy · #1404191
This is just a possible introduction to a new novel that i am writing.
The following information is totally classified. The documents were gathered from the diary of Lewis Johnson. None of the information is confirmed to be true. researchers are still looking.

May 15, 1175

My name is Lewis Johnson, and I have been 15 years old for the last decade. I don't know why. Ten years ago, I was fighting in the Crusades. One of my wounds became infected and I was near death. I entered a coma for several weeks and when I woke up, I felt different.

I know some of the persons that might have been involved. I have no idea what they did to me. All I am certain of is that I am going to find out.

May 15, 2008

My name is Lewis Johnson, and I have remained 15 for 843 years. I finished my investigations on how I have stayed like this. My conclusion is that I was given water from the Fountain of Youth.

I hate those who did this to me. I watched all of my family and friends die. I find no point to life, yet I cannot die. Immortality is a curse, and anyone who challenges that is a fool. I am now in search of the fountain. In destroying it, my life shall end. I am not commiting suicide though, just ending my immortality, and preventing anyone from making the same mistake.

May 15, 2165
It has been 1000 years since I was mortal. I found the fountain a century ago, but I did not destroy it. Thank goodness that I made that choice. I am the last man on earth. There was a war, in which humanity hit their self destruct button. I must find a way to undo what has been done. There is a legend of an arch that is at the enterance of the Fountain of Youth. I've seen no such thing, but it is rumored that it can allow you to travel back to any point in time for an hour. For the first time in years, there is a purpose in life. There is a reason to live.

I will find the arch, and undo whatever caused this war, even if it leads to my death!
© Copyright 2008 Leonardo M. Woodrow (bmurray153 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1404191-The-Water-Of-Eternity