*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1405025-Time-Watch
Rated: E · Other · Action/Adventure · #1405025
Intro to my next story
Prolog

With every tick of the clock anther moment passes by, one more second wasted, one more chance lost, even though we walk trough life thinking what if I had just one more moment, one more second, or just one more chance. What if we did and what if that moment was ours to control...

Chapter one
1879
In a small basement lab

"Oh come on Tom you need to put this wire here and frankly..."

"Frank who is Frank." the very confused Tom said staring questioningly at the staring man that was ripping wires out off the object he had worked so hard on.

"Oh forget it and this and this oh and why did you even want this." the man said continuing to pull at wires. "And there you have it go on try it I promise it will work."

Tom watched as the off dressed man walked up the stairs. As soon as he heard the upstairs door close he turned to the table he was working at and powered the invention up.

As the man walked away from the house he turned to see the lower window start to glow then he heard a soft pop and the window was dark once again.

"Okay so I don't know how to make a light bulb." He said as he pulled the pin on his watch and vanished as if he was just a figment of the imagination.

**********

Friday 27 of September 1997
4:06 PM

"Ok ok so I don't know how to make a light bulb but neither do you." said the man as he leaned back in a chair and placed his foot on the table.

"Um that is where you are wrong Brian." a female voice said from the other room "And get your foot of the table."

"What do you mean I am wrong." Brian said as he slid his foot of the table.

"Look under the napkin."

Brian had just noticed the napkin that had been placed over something on the table. He slowly pulled the cloth praying that he had not been beat, but once the napkin had fallen he knew his prayers were in vain. There it was a perfectly made light bulb standing in a socket waiting for the switch to be flipped. "Noooooo." he cried "how did you I mean come on I was gone what thirty minuets."

"Two hour is more like it."

"But Jenny! UGGG. Thats just not fair I mean come on you had help didn't you?"

"Nope." Jenny said walking in wearing grease covered overalls and a pair of glasses.

Brian turned to see his sister covered from head to toe in splotches of paint, grease and dirt. "You know sis you may be a scientist but wearing that you look more like a mechanic. A very messy mechanic but a mechanic none the less."

"You don't look much better. Where did you get that coat it looks early 19 hundreds?"

"1879 actually."

"No you said you were going to the twenty third century lab not Edison's lab. Remember the kite you nearly killed Franklin."

"I just tried to help out the guy was flying it in a rain storm how was I supposed to know who it was."
© Copyright 2008 Burns N. (unknow_jon_doe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1405025-Time-Watch