*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1405652-Hell-Fire-Conjourer--Early-Days-Part-3
by LoNfan
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Fantasy · #1405652
In the Mortuary, a great secret is revealed.
Chapter 10: The Monster Fiend! The Truth About Ruse!
         
         We didn't know exactly where to go to find the dead body once they moved it. So we traveled the city and talked to people that were at the scene of the crime. It was surprising how many people were actually lying about being at the scene just to spread gossip.
         How did we know they were lying? Because one man said that she had short black hair. A woman said she was dark skinned with red hair and a boy said she was his younger sister. So far none of them knew where they took her body.
         I felt sorry from the last guy we talked to, he told us yet another lie. The whole thing was so upsetting that Fri lost his temper and socked the guy plain in his face, knocking him out cold. Spay just laughed and pointed at the fool while I held Fri back from doing any more damage and almost resulted in casting a paralysis spell on him.
         "Damn why do humans have to be so... urgh!" he snapped as we walked down the street.
         I donned a face of hurt, I was human after all, wasn't I? I never really asked if witches were still considered human.
         "Yea, stupid humans!" Spay agreed, but I think it was more just to get on my nerves.
         "Elido." I said casually and sent Spay flying into a wall with an explosion spell.
         "Ouch." he mumbled. I walked on sluggishly. My attention fell onto Fri, who looked serious and angry, unlike his usual calm and curious look.
         "Is everything alright Fri?" I asked with a lot more concern then I meant to show.
         He looked at me and the seriousness faded. By the looks of it he didn't even know his countenance was so revealing. "Huh, yea I'm fine. Just a little upset is all."
         Yea I could tell.
         "Don't worry, we'll find her, then when we get back to the school, I have a little surprise for you." I smiled and clapped excitedly.
         His eyebrow rose and gave him a cute/confused look. He smiled, "And what is it?"
         Yea, sex WOULD make his sorrows go away.
         Not that I had sex in mind for the surprise, he'll just have to wait and get disappointed later.
         "You'll see." I said lustfully and marched ahead.
         "Psst. Aura, you really gonna do that with him?" Spay whispered in my ear. I hadn't even noticed he was next to me, so the question came as a surprise.
         I turned red with embarassment and anger. "That's NONE OF YOUR BUISNESS!" I shouted and ran ahead.
         That stupid half demon! URGH!
         If you couldn't tell, Spay really made me angry. Why does everyone assume that if you're going steady with a guy you're automatically having sex?
         I marched right into a sign, to distracted to notice. PLOW! I fell on my face. Throbbing pain in my nose for a few seconds then I felt blood running down my face. While still kneeling in the dirt, I wiped the blood on my sleeve and cast a healing spell to stop the bleeding.
         I stood up to blow away the sign I ran into, but managed to read it before doing the feat.
         "Mortuary?" I read aloud.
         "Hey did that hurt, are you okay?" Fri asked running up behind me.
         "Oh my god Lulo! That was funny." Spay said calling me the old nickname he gave me.
         Haha! Laugh it up!
         I felt a tingle in my head and images rapidly flashed before my eyes.

Mortuary.

         "It's a mortuary. it's a place where they prepare dead bodies to be buried or cremated. They also do  research into necromancy with patients who agree to it before they die." I said monotonously.
         "Okay?" Fri said, weird-ed out by my sudden mechanic behavior.
         Spay looked dumbfounded.
         "This is where they moved the body. It's here. I know it." I said surely.
         "Then what's stopping us?" Spay headed to the entrance.
         I grabbed him by his shoulder and pulled him back. I rolled my eyes at his incompetence.
         "We can't just go in there. They are funded by the ARC. We could be arrested for going in there because the work with dangerous chemicals and magical artifacts. They could think were Necros trying to steal research." I explained with ease. Whether it actually stayed in his head was out of my reach.
         "I ain't no stinking Necromancer!" Spay snapped insulted. It was expected, Necromancers, while their practices were well intended during the first hundred years if their existence, the dark arts can be very seductive. Demons, spirits, lichs, all those things can "persuade" people into dirty work; and since Necros tend to work with demonic artifacts and demonic magic, they are more susceptible to their influence.
         Just think, I learned all this from books, and a magical source of knowledge.
         "That's all dandy, but how do we get in then?" Fri asked. I could see the gears turning in his head.
         I thought for a moment and bingo!
         "An invisibility spell."
         "Won't they be able to sense us though?" Fri asked. Spay was still not retaining any information, I think.
         "Yea. Damn!" I frowned and started thinking again.
         "Oh! Oh! Oh! I got it!" Spay snapped.
         We gave him a curious look.
         "We use the invisibility spell and a spell I learned from my tribe. Demon magic. I'm almost positive they won't be able to sense because the spell shifts you into slightly different dimension where we can't be tracked or heard, but we can be see. It's how my people move so silently in the forest. It keeps us from being tracked with magic and recorded on magical orbs."
         I have to admit, it was foolproof, but because Spay came up with it, I felt a tinge of anger rush through my body. This was surly the end of the world if Spay could come up with an ingenious idea.
         "Okay. Lets do it." I agreed.
         Fri nodded and we headed off to a secure location. Behind an old dirty ally where some sleeping hobos snored loud enough to wake the dead. Which really made it hard to concentrate on the spell.
         "Okay. You ready?" I asked Spay, really not wanting this to back fire.
         The plan was Spay would cast his spell on us and Fri and I would cast the invisibility spell, since it would be hard for me to cast alone. I spread the powdered glass in a circle around us, then I used red, blue, yellow and green powder to mark the four directions in their proper place.
         I then took out my small glass orb and held it out in both hands. I was in the center of the circle, Fri was in front of me and Spay behind working his spell, which he told us not to listen to because it was forbidden.

I take away the light.
Fade away into the darkness.
Pass through us like we are the airs themselves.
Lord of Light, we cannot be seen touched by your grace.

         Tremors passed though my body. The circle of glass dispersed violently and the colored markings of the directions glowed brightly. The glass orb I was holding became warm and we were sucked into it. Not really us, but out physical beings seemed to turned into water, colored like us, and get sucked into the orb, filling it up with skin colors, hair colors and eye colors. The colors of our clothes, our bones, and or blood. All was gone.
         We stood there, awed. I took a step and bumped into Fri.
         "Sorry."
         "No problem, wait a second. Here." he said. I felt a light warmth on my eyes, then he appeared. Not really him, but an outline that I could tell was him. He made a gesture to Spay, whose outline I could see as well. Spay turned and jumped in surprise.
         "There you guys are. How come I can see you're outlines?"
         "I cast a viewing spell to magically let us see invisible objects." Fri explained, probably smiling, but since I couldn't see, you know.
         "The spell worked differently then I expected." I said, "all we do is smash this orb and we become visible again."
         "Okay." Fri said.
         "To the Mortuary!" Spay shouted and took off running. I couldn't even hear his footsteps. Must be the works of his spell.

         We made a sharp left down a corridor, apparently Spay's little spell couldn't keep some chimeras from sensing us. The chimeras had dog like bodies with long reptilian necks and faces. Their tails where four feet long with spear heads that were laced with poison. Oh yea, they could apparently launch the spear heads and grow them back instantly.
         A spear flew past my ear, grazing me. I paused for a second from the shock, then bolted down the hallway with Fri's and Spay's outlines.
         Damn! I hope I didn't get poisoned.
         "Spay! I should kick your ass!" I said smacking him on the head.
         "Ouch! I'm sorry, gosh." he sprinted on all four. He probably could have left us in the dust, but he didn't want to abandon us. At least he had some integrity, or whatever its called.
         "It's not his fault." Fri added, then turned and shot a spell that paralyzed one of the Chimeras. "He didn't know that they had Chimeras that could negate his spell."
         I sighed, "Okay, okay. I let it go this time. So I guess paralysis spells work on them, the last fireball I shot nearly hit ME when it reflected off of them." I turned and shot a spell. The chimera I hit whimpered and fell silent.
         HA HA!
         "Argh, I don't know any paralysis spells." Spay whined.
         "Too bad for you. You're gonna miss all the fun." I shot another spell. "Three more to go." I said cheerfully.
         We turned down another corner, too bad I didn't notice Spay turned the other way.

         "Where are those guys?" asked the wolf boy aloud.
         Spay had gotten separated from his two friends when they turned the wrong way. Now he was stranded in a giant mortuary with security chimeras. The one that had followed him to this side of the mortuary was taken out with one swipe of his claws, but if he was attacked by six of them at once, they would probably tear him apart. So the Wolf boy wondered in the direction he believed to be where he lost his friends in an attempt to find them.
         "I'm going to smack Aura when I see him!" he shouted, unknowingly alerting several chimeras.
         The chimeras snarled and came running from the corners of the mortuary halls. All the doors that filled the hallways were locked, so hiding was out of the plan.
         "Balas Shot." Spay chanted. Several strings of light shot from the space near his palms and pierced two chimeras all over. They exploded and evaporated.
         "I hate it when they do that!"
         Spay readied his claws and slashed a chimera, knocking it into a wall, making a loud CLANK! One chimera charged him and bit into his calf.
         "Ouch!" Spay snapped and kicked the chimera into another.
         "Ash Void." Red energy engulfed the two chimera that hit each other and only faint silhouettes could be seen. Then the silhouettes turned to ash as the red light disappeared.
         Before Spay could celebrate, a chimera tackled his back and he ran his head into the wall. Blood ran from his mouth. In anger Spay felt his hair grow hard like wire, the fur grew down his back and over the topof his arms and leg. Hard like metal and sharp as a blade.  Spay's eyes turned golden yellow and his claws became twice as long.
         This was Spay's defense mechanism, he called it the Lupus. It only happened on the days and nights the moon was full. It increased his strength ten fold and his body became covered in durable metallic like blue fur that had needles like a porcupine.
         Spay shot up and extended the spines on his back, stabbed the chimera nawing on his neck. The other chimera stabbed at him with their spear tails, but with no prevail. On all fours, Spay turned around and shot spines at the remaining chimeras and pinned them to the wall. All the chimeras exploded into dust.
         Gaining his composure, Spay reverted to his normal self. He sped off down the hall trying to find his friends.

         As we made our way forward, away from the several more chimeras that had been alerted to our presence when I accidentally blew up a door when I found out Spay was not with us. I was already pissed we got separated so these nuisances were not making it better on me.
         "Beir Rait Zue!" a blast of gray energy formed behind me and separated into three separate beams of equal power. They slammed into the chimeras and blasted hole into them. Their bodies exploded, a nasty self destruct ability the person who made them added to make them all the more "fun" to play with.
         There were still five after us, and Fri was running low on energy from casting all the paralysis spells, that apparently wore off after a several seconds.
         "Barrier!" the spell made a force barrier In the hallway, preventing the chimeras from running any further. The one that tackled the barrier yipped in shock and exploded.
         I guess all the quarks haven't been worked out if they explode from running into a wall.
         I left the barrier up as long as I could before letting it go. We finally found an open door. It was a break room, with employee lockers. Not exactly what I was looking for, but I could use the room to cast the locating spell.
         Inside Fri guarded the door as I set up the workings for the spell. I placed the ingredients with the circle and runes, and realized that I didn't have anything to offer the will'o'whisp.
         Damn, that's going to come back to bite me on the ass.
         
Lord of the light tower.
Mistress of the Woods.
Send us your guide to take us where we desire

         The small ball of light appeared with a faint whispering noise that sounded like a small giggle.
         "Please, show us the way to the girl who was killed today outside the arena of Dalmart."
         The small orb made snobby "Hmph!" and floated through the door. I guess it knew I couldn't offer it anything.
         "You know you're going to have to make an alter for it soon or you have some bad luck for awhile." Fri informed.
         "I know." I sighed.
         We ran out of the room and followed the orb, with a new snobbish aura to it. It led us down a hall way, then we made a right and another right, then a left. We ran into a few chimeras, but blew them away with ease now that we had new found confidence. I almost thought we were going to get lost in here forever. I also was wondering why there were no employees about.
         Finally we found a large metal door. Beyond it was hopefully the girls body. I had only a half an hour to do what I was going to do. The spirit leaves a trace of itself on the body after it dies, but it can only be accessed for about two hours after death.
         The plan was to sync my spirit with the girls and watch the last minutes in her memory. Now, you may be asking why didn't the ARC's detectives do this. It's because I am the only one who can. You remember when the Bible told me that witches existed on all planes of the astral plane. Well if my spirit does exist on all astral planes, then it exist on the one where you go when you die.
         You see where I'm going with this yet? I can sync to her spirit, like I did the Bible and see who killed her, then go beat the bastard to a bloody pulp.
         We entered the room, it smelled horrible. It was cold and there were lab slabs with three other dead bodies in the room, besides the girl's. The other three were covered, so I guess she was recently worked on, but where were the lab coats that were working on her? This was all very weird.
         I approached slowly, afraid of who I might react. Her face was soft and innocent looking. Her long hair went off the table to the ground. Her eyes were closed, like she was sleeping. I felt a very deep hold form in my throat and pit of my stomach. I looked at Fri's outline, I couldn't see the face he had, but I could feel he felt the same way.
         I touched his hand, making a lucky guess of where it was.
         "I'm fine." he said lightly, almost choking.
         I exhaled slowly, trying to get over the stench. I walked up to the body- the girl and examined the purple hand marks around her neck. Whoever done the deed left indent in her skin.
         Now I felt anger rising, an autopsy knife flew across the room and stuck in the wall. I let out a breath. Calming myself down. I could tell Fri was worried about me.
         "I'm okay." I answered dryly.
         "You sure you want to do this. It'll be like reliving what happened to her." Fri said, exhaustion taking over. The day was turning out to be tiresome.
         "I feel like I have to. If I have the power to find her killer at put him to justice, then I have to. Don't I?" I said, almost in tears. My eyes were burning.
         Fri was closer to me now, I didn't notice when he moved. Also my vision was kind of blurry for building tears. Fri wrapped his arms around me and rested his head on my shoulder.
         "That's why I love you. You're so amazing." he whispered.
         My heart sank and thumped faster then the night I realized Fri like me. Everything was moving slow and my breathing sped up.
         He... loves me. Do I love him. That doesn't matter, he LOVES me.
         I was taken aback by the comment. I forgot why I was hear, in this smelly  lab. I even forgot the smell.
         "I- I love you too." I said.
         Everything was moving again. I felt drained of energy. I meant what I said, I did love him. He was everything to me since we became a couple. I had actually found some one who loved me. I wasn't the orphan weirdo to him, or the whore student who slept with teachers. I wasn't the evil demon who cursed people either. I was "amazing". That what he said.
         I turned and kissed him, he was surprised, most likely because he couldn't see me that well. Our lips met and I had no doubt I meant what I said.
         After a few moments of hugging. I found the strength to do the syncing. I placed my hands on the girls temples. I focused and imagine a giant weave of colors and lights. I slowly and carefully unweave the strands of colored light. I was doing this on instinct, or by maybe subconsciously tapping into the Bible.
         When I got to that last strand, they all fell apart and a blinding light shot out from the spaces of the threads. When the light faded I was outside at the arena gates. I think I was at the ticket stand, but it was closed and had an "out to lunch" sign taped to it.
         I sighed and turned around. I realized I was tall. I went to walk forward, but nothing happened. I tried looking around, but I couldn't move. Then I looked left, but I hadn't wanted to, I was moving on my own. Why wasn't I at the lab with Fri and Spay, how did I get out, was the lab a dream?
         I noticed no one was around.
         That's strange, maybe they are all at the Shooting event, I thought, or not me, but a young girl thought.
         I, the girl, heard a loud growl. She turned around and saw a man in a brown suit. He had hundred or sharp teeth in his unnaturaly wide mouth and his were slanted vertical and glowed a dark red color.
         He made groggy growling sounds. I was too afraid to move. I tried to cast a spell, but with no avail I was fated to be strangled. Who was the man in brown, why did he have a familiar look to him. I still couldn't figure out why I wasn't with Fri.
         All these tangle thoughts buzzed in my head. I did know the man with sharp teeth and weird eyes. It was, what was his name. Who was I? The man placed his hands around my neck and with supernatural strength crushed neck. I loud CRUNCH, and I was laying on the floor. The man expanded and his suit morphed and changed into skin.
         The humanoid beast before me leaped twenty yards down the street and grappled a building before my vision faded to blackness.
         The darkness lit up and I was back in the lab, apparently screaming and flailing around. Fri was holding me and we were on the ground leaning against the wall.
         "It's okay I'm here." Fri kept repeating.
         When I realized what was happening I stopped moving and screaming. I caught my breath.
         "I'm okay now."
         Fri sighed and stopped holding my arms down at my side. He was leaning against the wall and I was leaning on his chest, my head at his right breast bone.
         "That was must have been exciting." he said sarcastically.
         "Sorry." I smiled.
         How was I supposed to know that was going to happen. My heart stopped with the sudden realization.
         "Ruse!" I snapped.
         "What!" Fri asked lost.
         I turned around to face him, eye to eye.
         "While I was in her mind or whatever, I was pretty dazed and confused. My thought were jumbled, but now that I'm out of there I know what I saw!" I said enthusiastically.
         "Well?" Fri rose his brow.
         "That monster, the one that attacked you, it is Ruse. I mean , Ruse turned into it or, yea I think so."
         "And he's the one who killed her!" he snapped. "That bastard! He was so close to us, and h this morning when he was acting like an ass. I can't-" He stopped talking, unable to find words for his anger.
         "I- I know." I said laying my hand on his. "Ruse is I friend of mine. I can't believe he would, I mean he seems so clam and no murderous. Lately  he's been acting strange. Maybe possessed?" I said, in denial about the situation.
         "I don't know." Fri said coldly. "Lets find Spay and get the hell out of here and find that bastard and set things straight."
         He stood and left the room. I got up and followed with a sense of impending danger a head.

Chapter 11: The Good Doctor? Experiment 33

         Spay kicked the steel wall and  left a deep crater in its surface. If he had kicked it as hard as he could his leg may have went through it and it would have ended badly for his leg. His body became visible a few moment earlier. Leaving him to believe Aura ended the Invisibility spell. He couldn't get over his anger at how he and his friends managed to get separated and now they were spending a good hour wondering around this large facility, which not one of its employees have been seen.
         "They must have really low standards for work." Spay said aloud.
         Tired and exhausted of searching the unknown building, not knowing when he would be attacked, Spay sped down the hall and found a large door. It had been bolted shut, but something seemed to have ripped it open. Large red splats covered the door and the walls around the area.
         There was no doubting Spay's mind, it was blood. The smell alone gave it away to the wolf boy. Another sent caught his attention, death. There were dead bodies near, and a lot of them.
         "I guess I found the employees." Spay said, trying to sound like his normal jolly self, but it was hard with the burning stench and the realization he would have to investigate. It was his duty after all, to help if he had the power to, deep down he knew that Aura and Fri felt the same.
         He braced himself and entered the room through the hole in the door, careful not to cut himself on the rough edges. The stench increased ten fold and burnt away at Spay's nostrils. Almost fainting, Spay looked around the room with watery eyes. Blood covered the walls, smeared almost on purpose.
         There was a large wall in the front of the room made of smoky glass so that no one could see through it clearly, but that didn't matter because blood covered the glass from the other side. Where Spay was afraid to look, he knew what was on the other side.
         Holding his nose and wiping his eyes, he looked over side of the wall and on the other side was what he feared. All the staff, all the lab coats, everyone. All hundred or so people where piled up in that small place, ripped and bloody. Some missing eyes and limbs.
         Spay lost control of his breathing and started vomiting. He got light headed and feared he would not be able to catch his breath. The vomit smell mixed with the blood and death and made an even more horrendous mix. Standing up to leave, thinking his stomach would hold, he Shot vomit again.
         "Dammit!" Spay said, coking on saliva.
         He tried not to think about all of it, but he couldn't. How much pain must have been felt. As a half demon, Spay could sense emotions and feed on them if he chose, but only the evil ones do. He felt anger, pure anger like he had never felt. He imagine innocent women being ripped apart.
         "Damn this bastard!" Spay shot up, this time with red hot blood of a demon. His hair grew and his nails sharpened. In his defense mode, he stormed out the hall and followed the smell of death, something the monster could not hide.


         I managed to drop the orb holding us invisible when I was trying to catch up to Fri when he left the autopsy room. It didn't matter much since we stopped running into chimeras and never ran into employees so far. I was right behind Fri, running down the lab hall, when we came to a place where we could make a right, a left or keep going straight. A flash of red entered my head. Voices crying for help and screaming in pure terror. I fell to my knees.
         "Stop!" I screamed, not at Fri, but he stopped and came running back to me.
         The voices ended and I knew what lay down the hall way to the right. Death. I didn't want to see the exact scene of horror, but I knew we needed to go down that way.
         "What's wrong? Are you okay?" Fri asked concered, he almost lost that rage he felt, but I knew it was just under the surface.
         I still had my doubts about ruse being a killer.
         "Yea, I had a vision I think, or my senses reacted to something down there." I said pointing to the right path.
         "Must have been powerful for you to sense it. You've showed no signs of precognition before, or clairvoyance, on the other hand you are the last witch and not much is known." He said with a hint of curiosity the Fri I knew often had.
         "I don't know. All I know is we have to go that way." I said stood up. "Come on!"
         We took off down the hall way, I cant remember ever doing this much running. Man are my legs going to hurt tomorrow. As we made our way down the hall I saw a glimpse of something move on a corridor we passed. I halted abruptly and shot down the corridor. Fri followed me closely.
         "I saw something." I said quietly, as to not alarm anything that might want to rip our heads off.
         Fri nodded in comply. I saw a door left open, moving as if something had just entered it. I approached slowly and cautiously. I readied a spell to cast just incase. I pushed open the door and saw glowing red eyes and something with bushy blue hair all over its body.
         I shot my spell in reaction.
         "Balas Shot!" the wires of light bounced off the creatures fur.
         I stood in stupor as I realized it was Spay.
         "What the hell happened to you?!" I snapped at his new appearance.
         He stood up and his fur, I don't know, ungrew itself? Then his eyes stoped glowing and went back to their normal gold color. Spay marched over to me and smacked me across the face.
         "What the-"
         "That's for going the wrong way!" Spay cut me off.
         My eye twitched in anger. How dare he tell me I went that wrong way. By default I went the right way because Fri went the same way as me, so that made it the right way due to majority rule, or that's how I see it anyway.
         "Baku Dogu." A large tidal wave appeared in front of me and slammed Spay into a desk in the room.
         He shot up and changed again, next thing I know he was on top of me with his claws at my face. Growling.
         "Get off him." Fri shouted and blasted Spay away, but he landed on his feet- or feet and hands.
         I got up quickly, more angry that Spay got the upper hand over me, then scared because he almost took my face off.
         I readied a spell, but Fri smacked me on the back of the head.
         "Ouch!" I said turning to him with fiery eyes. But he was unflinching.
         "We don't need to fight each other. That thing might be here, if what you felt and saw was true Aura." Fri explained calmly, but sternly too.          
         I guess he was right. I calmed down and got rid of the Gaa Spark I was preparing, which would have knocked Spay out cold. Spay also calmed himself and returned to normal.
         "Do you mind explaining what that was?" I asked Spay.
         He nodded, looking ashamed. "It's a self defense mechanism my people have nearing the full moon."
         Oh, I had no idea, that was kind of... cool.
         "Okay? Why didn't you tell us about it before?"
         "we don't need to know everything you know. We all have secret we keep to ourselves." Fri said, standing up for Spay.
         Hmm. I wonder what things Fri has kept from me.
         "Any secret you care to share." I said devilishly.
         Fri eyes widened in surprise by the question and quickly replied with a no and jolted out of the room. At least we were together again.
         
         "We have to tell the authorities about the bodies here. I don't think the monster is here anymore." I said to break the silence.
         "You mean Ruse." Fri and Spay said nastily.
         I felt pain in my chest.
         "We don't know what exactly is going on. I don't think Ruse is a monster, maybe he's possessed?"
         "Maybe you should back you boyfriend and not the teacher you love!" Fri snapped and sped away.
         I didn't love Ruse the way I love Fri, why did he have to say that. I felt a deep hurt inside me. Is this how it feels to be insulted by the one you love. I felt empty and all I wanted was to show Fri I did love him. I just didn't think Ruse was evil.
         Spay walked with Fri and I behind them. I was lost in my sorrow and didn't notice that lights were flickering and doors were shaking and slamming.
         "Will you stop that!" Fri snapped.
         Everything stopped immediately as I was snapped out of the trance. He didn't even turn to look at me. I know this whole thing was hard on him, but it was hard on me too. I mean I felt what she felt, I saw the bodies in the room. All the blood and the smell of decay.
         I may not have seen it first hand like Spay did, which he explained why he was so angry. And it didn't help when we told him what we found out from the girls memory. I tried to keep a better hold on my power, but it was hard when I felt so confused and hurt.
         "Fri." I mumbled.
         He kept walking.
         I felt tears running down my face, I didn't want him to see me so weak and pathetic. I tried to keep from sobbing and wiped my eyes. I walked a bit further back.
         "I do love you." I whispered, he didn't hear.
         We made it to the exit, or the entrance where we first came into this god forsaken place. Fri opened the door and Spay followed him out. The door closed without me. I made my way to the door, when a sense of danger overwhelmed me. I froze. I needed to get outside.
         I stormed through the door and seen the monster holding Fri and Spay by their necks. It was hideous in the day light. Veins pulsed and throbbed on its skin. A Beating heart was on the outside of its body pumping on its left shoulder. Thenarrow black eyes and wide sharp smile.
         "No." I managed.
         "Aw, no play. Love. No play." the creautre said with a deep groginess. It was patronizing me.
         "You bitch!" I snapped.
         I started to cast a spell, but it tightened it's grip on Fri's neck.
         "Uh-uh love. Kill boy." it said threatening Fri.
         I twitch in my heart made me fall to my knees.
         "Please don't. Take me, please leave them alone. Take me."
         No prevail. The beast teasingly licked its lips and brought Fri closer to its face. Opening it mouth wide, it readied to take a bit out of Fri's head.
         I was lost. Powerless, the shriveling weakling I tried not to be. Fri was going to die and there was nothing I could do.
         "Stop Number thrity-three!" yelled a voice.
         A man with forest greeen hair and glasses stood behind the monster. He was tall and his hair was oily. His and clotehs were dirty. He was handsome in a nerdy way, I guess.
         "Leave them alone." The man said calmly.
         Who was this guy? He was  wearing a lab coat, maybe one of the scientist, but the way he spoke, it was as if he knew the thing.
         "No, maker. Not sleep again. Kill and eat, fun. Love." the monster screamed.
         No one was outside. Horrible images started to flash in my head. Did he kill the entire town? Or where they all inside. I couldn't tell if what I saw in my head was my imagination or a vision.
         I gathered my strength, for one last shot.
         Let this work!
         
Great gnomes of earth.
Gaia, mother of all things.
Unleash your fury in a spire that rips my enemies apart.

         The earth trembled slightly and two spire shot up from the ground. One under each arm of the monster. The spires tore off the monsters arms and dropped Fri and Spay to the ground, coughing and holding their throats. The jumped up and ran over beside me.
         "Thanks." Spay said. Fri remained quiet.
         "I cant let you harm anymore people." I said coldly.
         Setting them free gave me new energy, one for a spell that will make it hurt. I was going to put all I had into the spell, which would make It a lot more powerful then it should be, and more effective.
         
Holder of a human form,
As punishment for your crimes.
Master of the greatest ruin,
Hotter then hell fire.

         "Gaa Flare!" it was one level higher then Gaa Spark.
         Raging red and black flames exploded from undernaether the monster, surrounding it and engulfing it. The screams it let out echoed as I blacked out from the loss of energy. Last thing I saw was Fri catching me to keep me from hitting the ground. And the stranger running over to us, sweat dropping from his forhead.
© Copyright 2008 LoNfan (lonfan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1405652-Hell-Fire-Conjourer--Early-Days-Part-3