*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1406593-Lost-In-The-Woods
Rated: 13+ · Sample · Other · #1406593
Rewrite of an ongoing story. Need a beta.
I sat on the log, breathing heavily, my dress completely torn to  shreds. I was scared out of my mind and I didn’t know what to do. Wait, maybe I should tell you how I got here. It started in the afternoon when my girlfriend broke up with me. I was depressed and needed something to do besides cut myself, so I went for a walk in the woods by my house. I walked my usual trails for about an hour then I came to a path that I didn’t recognize, so I decided that I would follow it to see where it led. That was my first mistake, I ended up being one of those girls in the movies that go explore a creepy place that usually ends in death. My second mistake was not marking my path every few steps. I eventually got lost and soon after it got dark, which caused me to become scared. It got worse when I heard a voice calling my name. “Wanda…come to me Wanda.” it said. As I tried to follow the voice, I strayed off the path and stumbled through the forest. Later I snapped out of my enchantment and started to cry, not knowing where I was or how to get back. I started to freak out more when I heard a twig snap behind me. Finally coming to my senses, I started to run. I didn’t know where I was going and I didn’t care, just so long as I got away from whatever it was that was behind me. Then I heard it again, that enchanting voice telling me where to go. "You must keep going straight, then when you get to the clearing turn right and just keep running."
© Copyright 2008 R.M. Pearce (ruripuri at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1406593-Lost-In-The-Woods