*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1409153-The-Intolerance-of-the-Tolerance-Crowd
by Dave
Rated: E · Other · Cultural · #1409153
An examination of the intolerance demonstrated by the people preaching tolerance.
It’s amazing to hear the double standard, and when you hear it you hear it loudly, of the liberal, caring, tolerance minded goof balls in the world.
It’s a lot like that picture where the snake is eating its own tail. The overly sensitive, caring way too much crowd is so worried about never offending anyone that they will actually go out of their way to attack people that offend, or even might offend, these sensibilities.  They are so intolerant that they have even set aside an entire group (actually several groups) from society to attack and humiliate and denigrate and dismiss because they don’t agree with the position the Intolerant hold.
Now that is intolerant.
Here are some examples:
The Tolerance Crowd holds that the religious among us (and not all of the religious, like followers of Islam, and Hindu and Shinto and Taoists among others are okay) are too rigid and intolerant and so should not be given a voice, or allowed to participate in government or society at all. Pardon my ignorance, but isn’t this intolerance? If these people were truly tolerant wouldn’t they say ‘okay, I disagree with you, but you certainly have the right to think whatever you think …’ isn’t that true? Have any of them ever said this? I only hear them get angry and abusive.
What do you hear from these people about people who voted for President Bush? That they are stupid, brain dead, red-necks whose votes shouldn’t count.
What do you hear from these people when you disagree with their position on abortion? You hear that you are an intolerant ass. Oh yeah, and on this one they always toss in that it is the individual woman’s right to choose what happens with their body, blah, blah, blah. They obviously are not taking into consideration that all of the baby and placenta and everything else in their uterus is generated by the baby, therefore it has nothing to do with their body. Plus, at least half the time the baby is also a female, so shouldn’t she have some right over having her body torn apart during an abortion?
And then there is global warming. No matter how reasonable nor how voluminous your argument against this position is, if you don’t just automatically agree that man if the one and only reason for the temperature rising on earth, then you are an ignorant fool and should be disregarded. By the way, what the hell is with that ‘buying carbon credits’ scam? How does that change the amount of carbon you produce? By their model, the simple act of producing carbon is destructive, so how does spending some money on some - thing – that doesn’t move or change the amount of carbon that is produced. Anyway, that is another article I’ll be working on.
Intolerance came to rest right here in river city this week. Well, that’s not true; the intolerance came to our small red county from the blue side of the state. A trans gendered man who is married to a woman, and has lived in our small red community for years (and by the way he reports having felt very welcome in this small town, even when his situation comes to light) has decided that since his wife cannot get pregnant, even though invitro fertilization. So since that man still had the woman reproductive organs intact, that he would carry the baby for them. Everyone in the community that knows them and knows their situation he reports has been very supportive. A red community. An intolerant red-neck W loving community.
But you should hear the outcry from the supposedly tolerant crowd from the big city. They not only have nothing good to say about this man who is trying to live his life, but they go out of their way to denigrate and put down the citizenry of our small community for our generally held beliefs, the kinds of vehicles that the majority of people who live here own, and so on. There is no tolerance in that is there?
I just think it is ironic that the “tolerant” are always the one getting in other people’s faces and screaming, “YOU HAVE TO BELIEVE THE WAY I BELIEVE, BECAUSE IF YOU DON’T YOU ARE NOT TOLERANT AND NOT BEING TOLREANT WILL NOT BE TOLERATED!”
© Copyright 2008 Dave (dfrazee at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1409153-The-Intolerance-of-the-Tolerance-Crowd