*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1409239-Our-Rights-are-Their-Rights
Rated: E · Article · Animal · #1409239
Stop the Injustice; Stop consumption of meat.
While it is true that eating meat gives you a lot of essential protein, carnivores - especially those who consume a lot of red meat - are scientifically proven to exist just a little less than vegetarians. Besides which, the famously debated 'Meat versus No Meat' topic has several other points in favor of 'No Meat'. Animals have been sent on this Earth to fulfill their destiny, which is the same as every other man's; to live. To live a happy, peaceful life. Mankind has been taking advantage of the fact that animals cannot speak the language we speak and the only protestations they can utter are the occasional feeble crow or moo. But is it really fair to take away the life of those who cannot fight for their rights to live? It is morally wrong to slaughter another living creature and use the remains of their existence for our own needs. Forcing one's beliefs onto another may be very wrong, but when the beliefs are good and for the protection of another being who has every right to live, is it really considerable as 'wrong'? There are many 'wrongs' a person can commit: drug abuse, murder and harassment are just naming a few. But the reason so many people today are blithely eating the flesh of another is because it is not really considered a 'wrong' by a majority of the world for one simple reason: we need food to survive. And if it is healthy and edible, who would dare to argue, despite it being a horrible act to encourage this? Before I conclude, I would just like to add that animals are equal to human beings in every sense of the word. The main difference is difference of Race. However, a majority of mankind can never seem to agree on this. I am very much opposed to the idea of living on creatures that once breathed, but am glad to know that organizations such as PETA are out there, staunchly supporting animal rights. I believe that PETA is one of the most wonderful ways to raise awareness of animal rights and encourage you all to follow in their footsteps, even if you eat meat. It's never too late to change.
© Copyright 2008 i.scorpio (i.scorpio at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1409239-Our-Rights-are-Their-Rights