*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1410613-Undefeated
Rated: E · Article · Sports · #1410613
A review of the Floyd mayweather Ricky Hatton fight examining arguments from both sides.
Many people have different oppinions about the fight between Ricky Hatton and Floyd Mayweather, so i thaught i would examine the topic looking at both views. Firstly the first round was a good start for both fighters and was kicked off with an exchange of feeler punches from both candidates to get a feel of the other fighter.
In the second round Ricky Hatton gets some nice inside shots in but nothing serious as Mayweather pick up with his jab and manages to hold him of.
In the third round Hatton makes a serious attempt to get inside only to be called back by the ref who later claime he could monitor the fight from outside. Firstly the point needs to be made Hatton cant fight outside and Mayweather specifys in this style therefore giving an advantage to him. Mayweather delights in the refs action and lays into Hatton with outside punches. Hatton makes another attempt to get inside and the ref calls him back again all the while Hatton is becoming frustrated with not being able to get inside. Somewhere inbetween rounds Hattons trainer tells him that he cant loose another round so he should fight on the outside until he can get in the comentator overhears this and announces it so Mayweathers fight is planned around. Mayweather starts to take advantage of the ref not letting Hatton inside and check punches Hatton into the side knocking him down and a few more knock downs are to follow and Mayweather wins.
I do think that the Ref was wrong for not allowing Hatton to get on the inside but i will not deny that Mayweather is the better boxer but Hatton fights on the inside thats how he wins Mayweather doesnt have to and i do think that Hatton would have taken the victory had the ref been fair. I think that Mayweather should come and fight Hatton in the UK now to see if he can beat him twice.
© Copyright 2008 Richardc (richardc at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1410613-Undefeated