*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1415159-NEVER-Sit-Too-Close-to-the-TV
Rated: E · Chapter · Children's · #1415159
The "real" reason why you shouldn't sit too close to the TV.
Brynndolynn Brown- The Super Spy for the Real Reasons Why
Discovers
The Real Reason Why You Should never, Never, NEVER Sit Too Close to the TV


         Hi. I'm, Brynndolynn Brown. My parents and all the grown ups are always telling me ‘Don't do this' or ‘You have do that' and then when I ask why they tell me some boring reason, but I know there's more to it than that. So I've made it my job to find out the real reasons why us kids have to do some of the things we're told. You see I have super powers and I can figure out the real reasons that the parents don't want us to know. My Mom says I just have a good ‘magination, but she doesn't know that I'm The Super Spy for the Real Reasons Why.

    The other day my Dad told me not to sit too close to the TV. I asked him why, of course, and he said it was because it's bad for my eyes. I knew that couldn't be all it was and I was right. I found the real reason why you should never, Never, NEVER sit too close to the TV.

         See, what you don't know is that the TV screen has thousands and thousands of little Pixie's on it. When the TV is off, the Pixie's are asleep, but when the TV is on, the Pixie's wake up and they make the picture that you see.

         The thing about Pixie's though is they love how humans smell. Even the stinky ones! They also like how warm we are. They can fly up to three feet away from the TV screen, so if you're sitting too close to the TV, the Pixie's will fly off of the screen and land on your face. Then you'll have a TV show all over your head!

         Unfortunately, we humans don't have any remote controls, so whatever show was on the TV, will then be on our head. Can you imagine having the news on your face? Your parents would make you sit still so they could hear about the weather and all that boring stuff that only adults care about.

         But there is a way to get the Pixie's off of your head and back onto the TV screen. It's not really fun. Since we don't have an off button like on the TV, we have to find a way for the Pixie's to think we are off, so they'll go back to the TV screen. You MUST make sure that the TV is on and that you are sitting close to it. Then you have to have someone pour a really big glass of ICE COLD water over your head. This will get will get rid of your smell for a minute and make you cold, so then the Pixie's will fly back to their TV screen home.

    See, so while it may be bad for your eyes, that's not the REAL reason why you should never, Never, NEVER sit too close to the TV. And let me tell you, those Pixies can be hard to get rid of sometimes. Whew!
© Copyright 2008 Sandals (sandals30 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1415159-NEVER-Sit-Too-Close-to-the-TV