*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1416473-Anne-Made-Her-Move
by EFSage
Rated: E · Short Story · Action/Adventure · #1416473
Short story about a girl's revenge on her Father.
Anne Makes Her Move

By EFSage

On the outskirts of town, within the shadows of the alley, Anne stood watching the back door. At any moment, he would walk out and this would be her only chance to confront him. Others had tried before her, but had failed miserably. Keeping this in mind, she took more notice of the area around her.

The sun had set hours ago and the only light to go by was from the full moon that loomed over her head in the sky. The stars had already begun to form and the crickets started singing behind her. She was standing beside a smelly dumpster, crouched down in the dark where no one could spot her.

The tension was building inside her and she was having a really hard time keeping it together. Knowing the man she waited for was the most notorious killer ever born. He has gotten away with murder for many years without once paying for his sinful deeds. But Anne wasn't going to panic like the others did, she would claim her target no matter how it turned out.

Suddenly, the door banged open....there he stood! With a large cigar in his hand and laughing at the hotel owner. Anne raised her gun, slowly she aimed at the man's chest, Anne started to panic thinking, "What if I miss and don't hit him?" But she threw that feeling aside when the man stepped out onto the porch.

Bang! Bang! Bang! The man fell face-first upon the porch, the hotel owner started shouting unintelligle words, Anne walked over to the man and turned him over. She noticed that two of the shots went through the right side of his stmach, but the third one went right through the far left side of his chest.

Shock rose in the man's eyes as he stared into the eyes of his assailant.....it was his daughter! "Why?" Was the only words the man could scream out. Without moving, Anne stared at the man, until finally, she leaned over and kissed him on the temple. "Because, Dear Dad, you killed me a long time ago when you killed my mother!" With this said, she got up and shot the man again, but this time, she shot him between the eyes.
© Copyright 2008 EFSage (efsage at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1416473-Anne-Made-Her-Move