*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1416590-The-Last-Days-Before-a-New-Life
Rated: 18+ · Other · Family · #1416590
This is about the last days of my pregnancy right before my son was born.
"Yes, I am still pregnant. I wish it would be over with so I can see my child." I thought as I was getting ready for 2 of my final pre-natal appointments.

I went to put my shoes on and noticed the reminder on my coffee table for the events of the day. It read: " 1:00 pm the local Children's Hospital for Ultra Sound; Doctor wants a better look at unborn child's heart"

When I got to that appointment I could feel my hands shaking and sweating, I was afraid of what the doctor would find with my child's heart, but I was hoping for good news.

Heart problems run in my family on both sides. My mother has had several heart attacks, and my father has a rhythm problem with his heart.

Finally I got called into the back room. I was in that room for what seemed to be weeks dreading the news.
The Children's Cardiologist finally walked out of the room to look over the scans she did of my unborn son's heart, she came back in about 5 minutes later with information and a diagram of a heart.

She handed me the diagram and before one word was said I felt my heart tear into a million pieces.
"I am sorry to inform you of this, but one side of your Child's heart is slightly enlarged. After he is born I am going to have the doctor do another Ultra sound to take a look at a few things that may be causing this." said the Cardiologist.
I felt the tears forming in my eyes all I could do was nod.

I left that appointment and went to see my Pre-natal doctor.
I got there and they did the usual routine... Check the blood pressure, check my temperature and what not. I was informed that my blood pressure was really high. I got told I have the early signs of Pre-eclampsia. It is normally found in women late in pregnancy. That Doctor did not want to do anything about it.

A week later I went for my second to last Pre-natal appointment My Blood pressure was still really high, but this time it was a different Doctor telling me what I had heard a week before.

My third and final Pre- Natal appointment... Different Doctor.. same prognosis. But this Doctor actually did something about it for me.
She scheduled me to have my labor inducded for 3 nights before my birthday.

Now my son is going to be 3 months old tomorrow. I took him to see his primary care pediatrician 2 weeks ago and she told me that he has what she believes is a heart murmur but it would go away by the time he is 4 years old. I received a call some time last week from his doctor telling me that she wants him to go see a pediatric Cardiologist because she was looking over the paper work and she now has the impression that it may be something worse.
© Copyright 2008 SassyCurry (myzticalwrites at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1416590-The-Last-Days-Before-a-New-Life