*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1416856-Ignored-Lies
Rated: E · Other · Drama · #1416856
Very short story of a "couple" with a destructive lie between them.
The air is laced with the tension between the two bodies. Both know that walking away will release the anxiety of their relationship that chokes the air from their longs. Neither wants the outcome. She imagines her heart beating faster out of her made up love for him. He plans many ways that he can leave and meet up with his fling of the week.

The lie between them eats at her heart but she refuses to feel it. Again they lace fingers but it seems wrong and out of place, not at all what it used to be years before when it was overflowing with love. She remembers the countless nights of this when they were in love and he thinks of how cool he his that he can have multiple girls.

They kiss goodbye as he leaves her again, not knowing that she doesn't really believe his lies. Yet she still dismisses the gnawing feeling inside her as a normal annoying occurrence. The cycle continues and the lie between them continues to boost his ego and disintegrate what is left of her heart until, at last, their is nothing left. Her heart is worse than broken, because unlike a broken heart, it cannot be mended because their is nothing left to mend.

Now she is left to just remember thee times when they laced fingers, kissed goodbye, and pretended that he wan's leaving to meet that other girl. They both pretend that it will always be okay when in reality they will never be the same.
© Copyright 2008 Naomi Hope (naomihope at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1416856-Ignored-Lies