*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1419923-Yesterday-Was-Such-A-Sad-Day-For-Me
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Z I P
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Family · #1419923
Sometimes it's hard not to be upset with how things turn out.
Sometimes Life can really bring us down. As much as I love life, and Living it, there have been many times which I just don't "like" it; times like today, which make me feel that life just "SUCKS" A BIG ONE. :(

There are many times which we can control how life turns out for us; but there are just as many times, and things, which we just do not have much control over as to how it will go or turn out.

At 12:00 PM today (lunch-time), my tiny Chihuahua, whose name is Misty, went into Labor to have her puppies. She is such a beautiful little blessing God has allowed us the Honor of raising.

I've been researching everything on the web I could find, about the birthing of Chihuahua pups, and I was amazed at how many "different" answers I was able to find. Some say this, some say that, and a lot of what I found, were contradictory.

I called a Vet to get a better understanding of what I needed to do, and what behavior I should expect my Misty to display, when the time came.

I decided to go ahead and take her in to see the Vet today, so that he could see if everything was going Okay. He said everything looked alright, and that her temp was 100 degrees, and would drop to 98 degrees when she started to go into labor. He said it would be about 4 or 5 more days.

Well, we got home from the Vet, and within an hour, she went into labor. I thought to myself, "what a dumb-ass" that Vet is. I wonder if he "bought" his license over the Internet?, or maybe even at Wal-Mart?"

I had learned enough information that I felt pretty confident about being able to help my little baby during her Labor, so I quickly prepared her "birthing-area" with a nice soft blanket, got some warm water, and a latex glove, "just in case" I needed to lend a helping hand.::angel::

Boy was I excited ! ! ! My Mother was ecstatic !!! We both had the biggest smile you ever did see.:D

My little baby was such a big girl about the whole thing. ::heartbeat:: She only whimpered twice I think, but she really was going through hell, I'm sure.

Two hours later, she was still trying her hardest to push her precious little gift out into our big world, bless her little heart. She was shaking and trembling something fierce.::crying:: I felt so bad for her.

We had a friend come over to help if we needed, which we did; given the fact that by now, my Mother was walking the floor like a chicken with it's head cut off, and I desperately needed a cigarette, but didn't really want Misty to be alone.

We started seeing a little foot first. Well, it really wasn't all that "little"; as a matter of fact, it was quite large, to be a Chihuahua foot I was thinking. I thought to myself, " this puppy looks like it's breeched" ! ! !

Well, sure enough, after another hour or so, the puppy was only half way out, hind feet first, sack was already popped. My little baby was having one HELL of a time with it. I tried my best to help, but was afraid to pull too hard, fearing that I might hurt the little puppy.::mad2::

The little feet kicked a little when I felt of it, and I knew something had to be done very quickly. My Son had come home from work by then with a friend of his, so we loaded up in the explorer, and off to the Vet we all went.

By the time we made it to the Vet, 3 miles away, the little puppy had suffocated. My Misty was doing Okay though. That was the only puppy she had, and it died.::crying::::mad2::::cursing:::( She was in Labor from 12 noon till around 4:30 this evening.

The Vet said that there wasn't anything we, or he, could have done to save the puppy, that it was going to die no matter what we could have done.

My mother was devastated, and started crying. I felt so bad. At least My baby girl was Okay though. We brought the little puppy home and buried her pretty close to our house.

The nice lady who owns the father of the pup, said that her dotson had pups 2 weeks ago, and that she had two left that is going to need a good home for them, and we could have one of them if we would like, so my Mother and I went with her to her house and picked out a pretty little girl.

I keep thinking to myself, that if I would have pulled harder, and wiggled it out of her, like the Vet did when we were there, I might could have saved the little pup, even though it was breeched. I don't know though. The Vet said that it was a big puppy, given the fact that it was the only one she had conceived.He strongly advised against her having any more, since she is so small. He said that if he would have done a c-section on her, with all of her energy exhausted, she had a strong chance of not making it through it.

I know that everything happens for a reason, and I can understand that, but sometimes, I just wish I could slap "Life" back in the face, when it slaps "us".

Everyone is doing fine now. I've calmed down, Mom has calmed down, and Misty is doing great, just a little wore out, bless her heart. She came in my room a few minutes ago, with me writing this post, and got up on my bed, licked her little tush, looked up at me, and whimpered just a little bit, so I laid down with her and wrapped my arms around her and kissed her many times and told her I was sorry and how much of a big girl she was, having endured what she did. I think that made her feel a lot better because she hasn't whimpered again since.

I'm glad now, that I didn't have a chance to get attached to the little puppy. I get attached to animals pretty quickly, and when I lose one, it's almost like I lose a brother, sister, or someone along those lines.

So, my friends, in closing, I would just like to say, that "Life" is such a precious gift, not only for we Humans, but also for "every-one" of God's little creatures, and we should give him all kinds of Praise and Thanks, for being allowed such a remarkable Blessing, to entrust us with. We are so very fortunate to be able to experience what he has bestowed upon us.

If this story touches your heart, do something for me this week or week-end; Be nice to an animal, and if you can't do that, then at least plant a flower, and say a short little prayer or some nice words, just for my little baby, Misty.

Thanks for reading our story, and for being my friends.

May God Bless each and every one of you and your families.

( Z I P ) :)
© Copyright 2008 Z I P (thepoetrychef at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1419923-Yesterday-Was-Such-A-Sad-Day-For-Me