*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1419958-Scourge-the-beggining-prologue
by 7Zedd
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Fantasy · #1419958
The beggining of a story about a man who is thought of as a monster.
Prologue: that which shouldn't exist

  Ragan watched out the small window of his bedroom as the military vehicle pulled up to the parking area of his apartments, he counted as four soldiers stepped out of the transport vehicle all with guns drawn, they looked ready to kill. After the soldiers began making there way to the front door of the apartments a man in a white coat stepped out of the vehicle, he followed the soldiers in.
  Ragan knew that the safest thing he could do was to stay in his room, his parents were both downstairs in the living area, he could see them if he looked over the railing and yet, his attention was on the vehicle outside.
  Suddenly he heard the downstairs door slam open; he rushed to the railing at the sound of gunshots only to see his parents lying motionless on the floor. The soldiers that were now in his apartments began to make their way up the stairs.They didn't shoot at him though. Ragan rushed to the steel table beside his bed and pulled the second drawer open to reveal a steel dagger. As he grabbed for the hilt he felt something slam into his head, he fell against the far wall, barely managing to stop himself from falling to the ground, one of the soldiers had hit him with the butt of his gun.
  The soldiers grabbed him now, as one of them wrenched the dagger from his hand, another injected something into the upper part of his left arm, everything began to spin and his vision grew dimmer and dimmer until he could see nothing at all.
.........................................................................................................................................................................
  Jovan Brutus stepped into the living area of the apartment room as two of the soldiers from his squad were carrying a limp body down a flight of stairs. Jovan stepped over to them as they reached the bottom and demanded "run you fools, get him into the tank now before his body deteriorates from the drug. If this specimen fails because you didn't get him in fast enough I'll see to it that you lose your jobs and your lives as recompense."
  At his word the soldiers began to run towards the transport vehicle, careful not to harm the specimen in any way. Jovan of course, took his time in exiting the apartments, as he was the last one to return to the transport vehicle. He turned and gave the apartments one last look as the door began to close, he chuckled to himself as he thought of all the paperwork and headaches someone else would have to put up with to hide what had happened here today.
  As the door closed the large platform that the transport vehicle was on began to rise and carry them over to the correct road back, when it finished connecting itself to the side of the road the driver turned on the electromagnets that made up the bottom of the vehicle, the magnets were opposite to the magnets that made up the road and thus they repelled each other, causing the vehicle to hover. To cause the vehicle to move the driver merely had to turn the magnets toward the opposite way that they wished to go, this propelled the vehicle forward. At top speed the transporter could get close to 300mph, not a vehicle that was designed for speed,  but it was fast enough for its purpose.
  As they began moving at near top speed Jovan turned all of his attention to the boy in the tank. It was filled with a yellowish liquid compound, as that compound was absorbed into the boy's body it would shut it down, stopping all growth within the body and stopping aging indefinitely while still keeping him alive enough to revive in the future. Jovan counted seven corded needles sticking into Ragan's skin; those drugs would eat away at his cells, ripping hollow parts into them that were ideal for the experiments that were soon to take place within his body.
  Jovan took a closer look at his newest specimen, Ragan Dreadran was a sixteen year old boy with an odd genetic trait, his skin was so pale that it was almost the color of snow, and with his eyes halfway open Jovan could see that they were red as if he were albino, but he wasn't, his hair was black as a raven's feathers.
As the transport vehicle arrived at the research laboratory the soldiers began to carry the chamber out, Jovan turned to them and said "get that tank up to 7-XR3DKJ-9M tell the personnel there to perform the usual procedures and then to leave him alone, I want to handle this ones experiments personally."
© Copyright 2008 7Zedd (7zedd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1419958-Scourge-the-beggining-prologue