*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1423345-Today-is-ME-Day
by EFSage
Rated: E · Other · Environment · #1423345
My day alone.
Today is "ME" day.

A day I get to spend watching the rain slowly splatter the living room windows. The light tapping on the roof, causing me to go into a slight trance. While watching the birds outside in the trees cozied yup in their nest keeping their eggs warm. Singing joyously while it's slowly drizzling with light cold rain.

The rain stops!

The Sun comes out and the birds start to flitter around on the tree limbs, hungrily checking out the ground for something to eat, while also keeping an eye out on my cats who are sitting on the ground and hungrily looking up at them. The squirrels now run out of their nests and run not only to the Hickory nuts lying on the ground, but also the Walnuts lying down throught the tree lines on both sides of my property.

Today is "ME" day!

Telephones, tv's, radio's, etc, are all cut off to keep others from disturbing me by personal contact. Emails are the greatest, they'll still be there when you decide to jump on the computer. No outside world is near you, but yet "LIFE" is flowing so beautifully around you. I now opened the windows where I can now hear the birds singing more clearly, the squirrels are barking over who gets what Hickory / Walnut, and of course, the kitties meowing angrily for they now realized they no longer have an opportunity in catching any birds.

So......Today is "ME" day!

And I intend to enjoy it to the fullest!


- EFSage aka: Eva
© Copyright 2008 EFSage (efsage at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1423345-Today-is-ME-Day