*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1425033-A-Conversation
Rated: E · Short Story · Animal · #1425033
A rare glimpse into a strange conversation. Not a finished piece.
She lay nestled within herself, her breathing slow and rhythmic. The sun gently warmed her and made her drowsy. As she happily began to doze again, she heard the back door slam shut. She opened her eyes, a little annoyed, and the tip of her tail began to twitch ever so slightly, betraying her mild displeasure.
She watched her human cross the room to the chair which the cinnamon colored ball of fur was currently occupying.

Humans are such simple creatures. But my Lady is nice enough.

Bailey watched her Lady hopping on one foot in a thus far unsuccessful attempt to pull off one soil covered shoe. Lady dropped the still shoe clad foot back to the floor in an attempt to stay upright, spraying black dirt across the hardwood floor.

"Oh good Lord." Kira clamored. An exasperated sigh escaped her as she simultaneously rolled her eyes and kicked her shoes off sending yet more earth flying. Bailey dropped delicately from the chair and slowly meandered toward her human.

Silly Lady, she chuckled to herself.

Kira scooped up her sun-warmed companion, scratching under Bailey's chin and behind her ears. The cat smiled as the deep rhythmic purring began.
Cocking an eyebrow toward the fresh mess on the floor Kira asked, "Your tail doubles as a broom, right?"

Um. No. Keep scratching.

Frustrated at her own not-so-fancy footwork and dreading even the miniscule task of having to sweep up the mess, Kira stood in the middle of it. And kept scratching.
© Copyright 2008 irish bard (emeraldshay at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1425033-A-Conversation