*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1426544-Yue-and-Sithe
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Adult · #1426544
This is a rough draft, I'll be working on it some more.
In a kingdom far far away on a tiny planet under a tiny tree sat a tiny prince. He was young and handsome as most princes invariably are. He was lonely and one day sitting in a huff because he had no one to listen to his long tales and silly songs he cried to the scarlet moon above, " Moon, glorious moon! I beseech thee to listen to my humble prayers! I am alone on this tiny planet with just a tiny tree for company, am I to die alone without someone to share my secrets with?" With his soul bared he fell into a troubled sleep while the moon above danced with the stars through the night sky and thought about the prince's plea.

The moon never acknowleged the prince's plea, it watched through the nights as he slowly began to lose hope, he cursed the moon, he shook his fists and stamped his feet, he plead, he covered himself in mud and purified his body. Alas he was still alone. In despair he became sullen and quiet retreating into his dreams. The moon had been watching and waiting and as the prince took his nightly walk around the small planet the moon quickly, quietly placed a small bundle wrapped in red cloth sprinkled with silver stars beneath the tiny tree and waited and watched the prince's expression as he rounded the planet and saw the tiny bundle lying there.

The prince ran forward and unwrapped the red cloth, inside lay a tiny little girl, her hair was black and curly, her skin had an odd silver tint to it and her eyes were as black as the night sky, flecked with the same silver on the cloth. He rejoiced that now he had someone who would listen to his tales and woes. He thanked the moon and named the little girl Yue in memory of the gift the scarlet moon had given him. He raised her to be a good, well mannered obiedent little princess and told her of how she had come to be his.

The prince ran forward and unwrapped the red cloth, inside lay a tiny little girl, her hair was black and curly, her skin had an odd silver tint to it and her eyes were as black as the night sky, flecked with the same silver on the cloth. He rejoiced that now he had someone who would listen to his tales and woes. He thanked the moon and named the little girl Yue in memory of the gift the scarlet moon had given him. He raised her to be a good, well mannered obiedent little princess and told her of how she had come to be his.

There was one dance the stars would not teach Yue to dance. when she asked why they wouldn't teach it to her, she was told that it must be danced only with a prince. Upon hearing these words she remembered what she was supposed to be doing and flew to the closest planet, it was a huge thing, black and smoldering. There were three princes in residence on this behemoth rock, Azair was the eldest, his face was blacker than the planet, his small wet eyes were golden and his mouth a hard line. He ruled with an iron fist and thought with a small pea sized brain. His only law was that the laws changed according to his whim. His people slinked and slimed their way under his rule. Yue knew he would never be happy on the tiny planet with the tiny tree and the scarlet moon and so she moved on to the next prince. This was Esade, he was the dreamer, he dreamed large and in full color but he never had the gumption to make his dreams come to fruition. He whined and moaned about how terrible life was and when what he saw in his mind and what was reality was different he threw temper tantrums (like someone else I know) and broke things and hurt people. He just expected things to get better by themselves without lifting a finger to make them better. Yue moved on, she liked doing what needed to be done to make the tiny planet run smoothly.

the third and youngest prince was often laughed at. He was small which was never a good sign on such a large planet, he wasn't the dark, big lug his brothers were, he was slight and had more of a silver tint and strange blue eyes. The moment Yue saw the youth she knew she was in love. She didn't take the time to watch him the way she had his brothers. She walked straight up to him and letting her red cloak slip off she kissed him on the mouth. Sithe, the prince was taken aback by the young, naked, beautiful woman kissing him. He got a hold of himself and pushed her gently away, "who are you?" he asked. "I am Yue and you are mine." she replied. "What do you mean?" Sithe asked. "You will come and be my prince on my planet, you will love me and take me as your queen. You will be my only subject and I your only object of desire."
Not sure what to say but knowing he loved her too. Sithe agreed and kissing Yue once more they wrapped the cloak around themselves and took off for the night sky. Sithe loved the tiny planet and the tiny tree, here he was just the right size, his coloring complemented Yue's darkness and soon he learned to love obeying her every whim simple though they were, and soon over time their tiny planet was covered with tiny Sithes and tiny Yues and the tiny tree's limbs learned to hold tiny bodies safely and to keep them from tumbling and the scarlet moon shone brighter out of love for her tiny silver and black brood as they scampered under her cool red glow.






© Copyright 2008 ravenhawk13 (ravenhawk13 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1426544-Yue-and-Sithe