*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1427009-Contest-Winners
Rated: ASR · Other · Other · #1427009
This is a list of the items that i've won contests with. Total: 1
Contest Winners from Daily Flash Fiction Challenge (Link coming soon)

1. Head of the Beast

Seth gazed toward the sky with contempt in his eyes. "It seems this storm isn't going to give us any live ones after all..."

The ominous clouds returned his observation with a deep, low rumble.

Niles spoke up, "Staring at it isn't going to help us find them either. Get over here and watch the radar."

Seth returned to his post and stared at the radar while listening to the rhythmic wind and rain hitting the mobile Doppler truck.

He looked out the window again and viewed the swaying hypnotic grass with renewed interest. He could tell it was coming. The supercell storm was holding out on them.

His group of storm chasers had focused their efforts on the southern end of a storm that had already produced 8 tornadoes in the last twenty minutes, but none of them were remotely close.

Seth averted his attention back to the radar screen. Switching it from the moisture mode to the wind direction mode, he could see the tale-tale sign of a twister. The blues and reds were circling each other not far from their location.

Getting excited, Seth shouted to Niles, "Hey! We got some activity!"

Niles shouted back from outside, "I already know! Come get a look at this!"

Seth hurried outside and was almost blown over by high winds. He looked at where Niles was pointing to see a beautiful monster on the horizon. Just three miles from them was a roaring freight train of a giant. Browned by the dirt in it's funnel, the new tornado was already half a mile wide. As it ripped through the cornfields, it set Seth into a trance.

Seth chuckled to himself as they sped toward the beast, "Looks like it's take-out tonight!"

(295 words)
© Copyright 2008 2chaotic (2chaotic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1427009-Contest-Winners