*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1427138-Lets-Dream
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Prose · Relationship · #1427138
There's no explaining this piece
         "Let's take risks," I say about the night. We can fool every star in the entire sky, we can make them believe we're infinite. The ephemeral pieces that make us and our love are never going to get the better of us. I can lie to your face, it doesn't bother me at all. The wind will blow and won't change my cause, because I'll remain solid, I'll remain loyal and true to what makes me. In the end I'll make you.
 
         "Let's do this." I was so serious then. You looked at me and wished I were a whole person again. These pieces are fading. I was brought into the dusk and left without looking in your eyes, the sun has risen and I can't bear to smile. It's strange how things moved nice and slow how we ignored my purpose and regretted your goals. We were bothered at the entire site of this, but went on long, no longer strong and still can't forget.
 
         "Let's forget," that we dissolved into things stronger, into things darker and I took off all my clothes and still wasn't naked. You couldn't see me. I wasn't healthy for you and you were addicted to the things I wanted and the things you needed to do. It wasn't anger that influenced me to leave, it wasn't happiness and it certainly wasn't all the grief. Things weren't the same and in the end we weren't any better. We carried the weights and realized we wouldn't live forever. So I emptied my pockets and sang to the sky, I left a stain on the earth watching you disappear to the night.
© Copyright 2008 Brittany (homeless_brit at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1427138-Lets-Dream