*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1427586-Yogi
Rated: E · Other · Fantasy · #1427586
Sports creature contest entry
  " There something wrong with xlortang" my mother whispered to my father. She thought that I couldn't hear her but when you have ears the size of baseball gloves, not too much escapes one.

  " What do you mean?" my dad asked.

  " He's just wierd" she continued, "All he wants to do all day is catch meatballs with his ears, and when he's not doing that he's whacking them across the room with his long proboscus"

  "I blame it on that bloody new satellite dish your uncle xxclomert installed" my dad countered. Some of those pictures broacasted are totally ridiculous. Imagine, beings with only 2 legs and no ears or nose to speak of, hitting white balls and running around and around in a field all day long. It's just crazy"

  "Why can't other beings have dignified and proper traditions like our naming rituals. To have a rich and noble name, reflecting the generations and generations of noble forebeings. A true and intrinsic undertaking!" he concluded.

  " I love baseball" I blurted, forgetting that I wasn't supposed to be hearing any of this. 
" And Oh yeah! I continued, cause the glerbun was already out of the gruup anyway. " I'm changing my name" I asserted." Call me YOGI"

  My mother fainted...

 
© Copyright 2008 The Saint (billstc2000 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1427586-Yogi