*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1427746-The-Human-Reality
Rated: E · Essay · Philosophy · #1427746
How "The Wave" relate to real life today and what does it teach us.
Beneath the smiles, when we're happily distracted from our nature, we all tend to be self-serving survivalists. We hide among the crowds blend in and try to be part of something or to be someone. And for some of us we join the crowd in fear of being hurt as an individual.
There is no balancing of the individual and the whole group. They always do what is better for the whole group because it is bigger then the people in it. And no matter what group it is it must always try and take steps to become stronger.
Mankind will always repeat itself because the world we live in is full of sinners that will always make mistakes. There is no stopping it that I am sure of because I don't think that the world is capable of compromising all of their problems.
Yes it is true that there are always going to be people who don't go along with a movement weather that is good or bad, it keeps things balanced so no cretin group becomes too powerful. Yes it was a weakness of man that made him ignore the darker side of humans. Because not all people have what it takes to stand up for what they believe in and possibly give your life for that cause then no one is going to get anywhere in stopping something that is becoming out of hand, like the wave.
I think it is so easy to be lead because when your told what to do you know what you have to do and how to do it. People don't like to have to make decisions because if someone makes them for them then if it wasn't the right thing to do then they are not to blame.
A group that considers them selves all equal will almost always become to think that their group is better because in a since it is because they have a lot of people that are willing to give their lives for one thing that the group sets out for. Up towards a bunch of individuals that all have different opinions.
I have learned that every one has responsibilities for the world they live in because no one can just sit around and expect their world to get better. Even if you do something small to be an individual it helps make people think about what they actually think about things before following blindly.
The Wave demonstrates how something can get out of hand so fast just by a good leader (Mr. Ross). The Wave was all about leadership and when you know something has gone too far.
Every day that you we sit around and do nothing is like dodging a bullet and maybe one day we wont be so lucky.


© Copyright 2008 edmond8888 (mitchell8888 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1427746-The-Human-Reality