*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1428055-Puppet-Master
Rated: · Draft · Nonsense · #1428055
Breaking free of the master's grasp.
Calm and silent the puppet master is in control. Manipulating you with incredible finesse and technique. The puppeteer pulls and tugs on your strings making you dance to their will never letting you have complete control. You struggle to free yourself from their grasp but the strings are embedded deep in you heart, mind, and soul. You let your mind wander trying to forget the puppet master. Trying to erase the pains and even the joys that remind you of them. You start to succeed. Your mind feels free but then you feel the familiar tug of the puppeteer's strings.
You open your heart to others looking for someone who will accept it. Trying to move on and live once more but again the strings of the puppet master pull your heart tearing it back to its master. You struggle to take back control of your emotions but it seems an impossible task. Desperately you grasp the strings trying one last time to free yourself. The fine strings cut into the palms of your hands while you fight against the pull of the puppeteer. You wince as pain shoots through your hands and you feel the warm trickle of blood roll off your fingertips, but you refuse to give in. No longer will you live under the oppression of the puppet master. No longer will you let them control you.
Your body tires as the never-ending battle ensues. Your muscles weaken and your mind grows weary, but you don't give up. You can't give up for this is your last stand against your master. Your fingers start to tremble and for the first time you question how much longer you can go on. Suddenly one of the taught strings snaps. You feel lighter and it gives you hope. You exert all the strength you have left into one final pull. The strings start snapping around you and as the final one breaks loose from the puppet masters grasp you feel liberated. Your heart, mind, and soul are yours once again never to be ravished by another. You must protect them and shelter them as to never be strung up again. Guarded must your feelings towards others be from here on out, because if you haven't learned your lesson you will just find another willing to be the master of you, the puppet.
© Copyright 2008 winter9290 (winter9290 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1428055-Puppet-Master