*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1429257-I-Wanna-Go-Home
Rated: E · Other · Music · #1429257
An endless tour pushes an artist to the edge. Based on an intervew with Bobby Dylan.
                                                      "I Wanna Go Home"
                                                        Oliver D. Anderson

"I just wanna go home. Do you know where home is?"
There are dark bags under his eyes as his body rocks back and forth on the plain sequence couch.
"I don't wanna go to Italy no more. I don't wanna go no where no more."
He rubs his tired eyes rhythmically with his fingers.
"You end up crashing in a private airplane in the mountains of Tennessee, or Sicily."
He laughs out loud at his own statement. His body is tired, his mind is tired, he hasn't really slept in weeks and the strain of constant travel has brought him to the edge. His shoulder twitches uncontrollably and unnoticed under his leather jacket. The man in the suit sitting across from him responds by saying something about the tour. Exactly what the suit had said was unimportant. He could only say one thing anyway.
"I don't know, I just wanna go home."
© Copyright 2008 Oliver D. Anderson (olivera.shs at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1429257-I-Wanna-Go-Home