*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1429520-Random-Introduction
by Melkor
Rated: 13+ · Other · Opinion · #1429520
Who do you think you are?
I suppose this is where I insert some clever ditty about myself, or give others a place to comment. Don't hold your breath on the cleverness. But please feel free to fire those comments away.

First and foremost, I am a reader, and some may think a tough critic. I don't care. I consider it my duty as a reader to tell you what I like and what I don't like. You, as a writer, need to know what works and what doesn't. It's not my job to hold your hand, pat your back, or cater to your ego. You have family and friends for that. On the other hand, I believe in giving the good with the bad. I'm not out to over-scrutinize or shatter anyone's confidence as a writer either. You have publishers and rejection letters for that. *Laugh* I just want to give what people here are seeking. An impartial, unbiased, and honest opinion of their work. If it is posted for reviewing, yes, I do expect some effort to have gone into it. At least the simple task of running a basic spell check. Would you submit sloppy work to a publishing house and expect them to accept it? I think not. Or, at least, I hope not.

I write in my spare time, but don't consider myself an accomplished man in this aspect by any means. I dabble, I play, and I procrastinate by repeatedly telling myself, "Maybe someday." At thirty-four, I cling to the hope there is still plenty of time for someday to roll around. The sprouting grey whiskers and hairs threaten to claim otherwise, but hey. I never claimed to be a man of action, merely one of principle. *Wink*

So, there it is. My first entry. No sugar-coating, no fancy frills. Just the plain and honest truth. I hope you feel free to do the same.
© Copyright 2008 Melkor (melkor_67 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1429520-Random-Introduction