*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1429783-Mommy-is-There
by Gracie
Rated: E · Prose · Family · #1429783
It's a summary of a girl's life and the role a mother plays in that life.
A mother's main goal is to be an encouragement to her daughter her entire life. She should try to always be there for her, and support her. Now, everybody makes mistakes, right? What should you do with mistakes? Learn from them. I think that is what life is. Learning from your mistakes and bettering yourself, and that's what all mother's should try to attain.

  Look at a baby girl. When she is born, she could care less about how she looks. All she wants is love, and of course, food. That baby girl will cry and carry on until someone gives her what she wants. Mommy is there to do that.

  Now imagine the baby girl five years later. Boas and dress up have entered her room. Looking pretty and glamorous matters so much to that five-year-old girl. I don't blame her. It's great to wear a hand-me-down dress to the grocery store. "Everybody look at my dress!" she exclaims. Mommy say's, "You're gorgeous."

  Now this little girl is thirteen, a teenager right? Boas and dress up have been replaced with make up and curling irons. What she looks like and what she wears means everything to her. "Jake is going to be there, Mom, do you thing he will laugh at me and what on earth will I wear?" Mommy nods, she understands, every girl's thirteen. She knows that this will pass, that Jake will disappear, and someday this girl will have so many more fears.

  "I'm getting married today Mom. Oh, what if I pass out? What if my dress gets caught, I am so in doubt. I don't want anybody to look at me because I fear I will fall." She explains. "Darling girl, first of all, you will do just fine. You look stunning on the outside, but that's not the only place you shine. Your heart is shining my sweet, and that's what your wonderful groom sees in you. Walk down that aisle knowing today is your day to shine."

  It has been four years since her wedding. She has a two-year-old girl of her own, and wants to teach her everything her mom taught her. She knows that looking pretty on the outside is great, but looking beautiful on the inside matters even more. She knows that it will take time for her baby to learn and understand that, but loves her all the more.

  Mommy always had a word of encouragement, and the daughter wants to be that for her daughter. She wants her little girl to know, that she is always there.
© Copyright 2008 Gracie (s0cialbug at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1429783-Mommy-is-There