*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1432565-Monas-Heart
by Kyle
Rated: E · Short Story · Fantasy · #1432565
A girl finds a boy adrift at sea.....who is he?
MONA'S HEART
Summer 1256


Her name was Mona, she was a fair maid of fourteen; and that's all anyone knew.

She was very mysterious, very subtle, very beautiful. She was orphaned, and spent her days near the beach. For hours she would watch the waves come up only so far to touch her toes, then disappear into the sand. The breeze blowing her luscious blond hair was exhilarating. And while there she would always seem to put her hand over her heart to feel her heartbeat. Many of the people who watched her always wondered why she would do this.

The sea seemed to keep her heart beating. It's as if she would die if she were separated from it.

During the middle of the summer, she saw what appeared to be a piece of driftwood floating out at sea. Mona, being of inquisitive nature, wondered what it could be. As the "driftwood" came closer, Mona could see that it had arms and legs. It was no driftwood. It was a boy.

Fearing he would drown, Mona ran out to sea to find out if he was still alive. Fortunately, the boy was floating on his backside, not his frontside. He was still unconcious, however. Mona dagged him out of the sea and onto the shore. It was then that she finally got a good look at him.

He appeared to be her age, and very slender. He had very long, white hair and Mona was instantly attracted to him. She had never seen a boy like him.

She pressed her ear to his heart to find out if it was beating.

But she heard no noise. Nothing.

Yet still, the boy opened his eyes. They were the most beautiful eyes Mona had ever seen.

"Who art thou?" she asked, her voice frail and weak.

The boy did not answer, but instead stood up, staring at Mona.

"Thou art the one", he said. "Thou art Mona."

"I am", Mono said. "How doest thou know me?"

The boy, named Sinne said nothing and pointed at her heart.

"Thou hast my heart" he said.

Mona was could not bear it anymore.

"Why doest one so perfect speaketh to me in such a way?"
She was in tears.

The boy placed his hand on her heart, which drew out a vibrant glow from her body.

"Our hearts are joined, entwined forever. Forever they shalt be, forever we shalt be."

At that moment, Mona's hair also turned white. She now knew what was going on.

"Will thou love me forever?" she asked.

Kissing her, Sinne said "Aye, forever, my love."

And from that moment on, their hearts were joined. They loved each other more than anything and Sinne took Mona back to his land where they lived for all eternity.


THE END 




© Copyright 2008 Kyle (animeiscool18 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1432565-Monas-Heart