*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1433654-A-True-Southern-Gentleman
Rated: E · Essay · Family · #1433654
A brief essay describing my husband. Recently published.
A True Gentleman Raised In The South


Ludlow Porch.  When I first heard those words, I thought it was some sort of Southern veranda.  You see, I had lived most of my years in Florida, unaware that any human being could possess such a name.  However, Fate decided that my life was in great need of a make-over and lead me to the State of Georgia, home of the Atlanta Braves, the Varsity Drive-In and a radio talk show host named Ludlow Porch.  Little did I realize that he was about to drive his red Jasper Jeep into my life and change it forever.

Over the years, I've learned from Ludlow that a true Gentleman Raised in the South is defined by the words he speaks and the actions he lives.  In his professional radio life, Ludlow has often commented, "The microphone is a mirror, a reflection of one's true self, and you cannot hide from it."  And every day he reveals the respect and kindness he sincerely feels for all of his listeners, no matter their stations in life.  It is an honest indication of the man who sits behind that microphone.
In the business world, Ludlow will be quick to inform any business associate that one should never confuse kindness with weakness.  Don't let that soft-spoken Southerner fool you; he's not one to be taken advantage of.  In our kitchen at home, we have a plaque on the wall which states, "Blessed are those who are pleasant to live with."

It is truly a blessing to live with his kindness and great humor every day.
And when his radio show is almost over, Ludlow ends each broadcast by saying, "Whatever else you do today, you find somebody to be nice to."  If you knew him, you'd realize that it's not just something he says, it's the way he lives.

© Copyright 2008 MountainMama (nanprohan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1433654-A-True-Southern-Gentleman