*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1433859-The-Door
by Eons
Rated: E · Fiction · Philosophy · #1433859
A short story that is thought provoking.
The door was closed. The darkness overwhelmed him, as he stood motionless. How long had it been, minutes, days, years, who knows? It was locked, and that was all that mattered, and he would stand there for all eternity. Was there even a door to begin with he thought now, had he ever been out of this eternal blackness that filled his memory. He felt in front of him, nothing, he was scared to take a step, so he didn't move. The blackness stayed, and the door that might not be there, stayed shut. Forever came and past, and there he still stood, unwilling to move. Yet, he then realized for the first time, that his legs were painful with exhaustion, to the point, were it caused him to move, and settle on the ground beneath him. He accidently leaned back into the darkness, and before he could stop himself, he touched a wall, or so he thought. He stood up, feeling the wall, realization coming over him that it wasn't a wall at all, it was a door. It swung open, and the light came bursting into his eyes. What would he do now, the door was open, he could come and go as he pleased. He reached out, closed the door, and sat back down, the thought of moving on scared him more than the utter darkness.
© Copyright 2008 Eons (eons at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1433859-The-Door