*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1433863-Alegious-Chapter-1
by Eons
Rated: ASR · Novel · Fantasy · #1433863
First chapter of a fantasy trilogy.
Two large trees swayed in the wind and shadowed the young elf who sat beneath them. The dark green grass came up to his neck as he watched the orange luminescent sun cure the day from utter darkness. As the elf sat he drifted slowly into a perfectly clear daydream.

The sun was blazing overhead of an elf that stood upon a grassy hill. The elf's long black hair covered some of his face, and blended smoothly into his black robe, that swayed with the wind. Slung on his back was a long, thin blade, that also matched his hair's deep black color. The sword had a green radiance that could be seen through its rough diamond sheath, which shined out in all directions like small beams of light.

A few hundred feet below the elf,at the bottom of the hill stood an innumerous amount of soldiers dressed in all black mail. His brother stood in front of the soldiers. In a blur his brother pulled his sword from his sheath and screamed something incomprehensible, pointing the sword toward the elf. A swift wind blew upwards through the hill, and the soldiers charged.

The elf opened his eyes abruptly, sensing that something was wrong. A jade light caught the corner of his eye and he abruptly stood up, and a strong wind made him stumble. The luminescent green was protruding from every crack in his home, and he paused momentarily gazing. Slowly he came back to his senses, and ran through the now hip high grass as fast as his small feet would carry him. He reached his home sweating and out of breath, and as he reached for the door-knob was sent flying backwards.

He hit the ground rolling sending dirt flying behind him. He struggled to stand up as figure came into his view. The man had a rugged face and deep blue eyes that were almost covered by his long azure hair. Over his broad shoulders was a young elf who had lengthy forest green hair and jade eyes to match it. He then noticed the sword on the mans back, the same one from his dream, yet he thought its radiance seemed somewhat dim.

"Dumri," The young elf muttered helplessly after his younger brother. The man walked away, seemingly ignoring him.

"Let my brother go!" he screamed futiley after the man with a tear rolling down from his left eye. The mans only response was to laugh, and the laughter stayed with the elf as green overtook his vision and slowly turned to black as his body hit the ground.
© Copyright 2008 Eons (eons at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1433863-Alegious-Chapter-1