*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1433868-TIL-MY-JOURNEYS-ENDDEDICATION
by terre
Rated: E · Other · Spiritual · #1433868
A STORY OF A CONVERT TO ORTHODOX CHRISTIANITY&THEIR JOURNEY IN LIFE THROUGH FAITH.
                                          "Til My Journey's End":
        A Convert to Orthodox Christianity's Journey in Life, Through Faith

                                      By:Terrelyn R.Whittall
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________


                                                                I.Dedication
===============================================================================================
I would like to dedicate this book,to God,His Love for all mankind,for the blessings and  gifts that He has bestowed upon me, and to those for whom I am deeply grateful for their encouragement,honesty,and love given me throughout this process.This book surely would not have happened without it.
     
This is dedicated also to my loving family,starting with of course,my mom and dad,who from day one of my existence,have guided me as God had appointed them to do.They were the first people to show me about life and love,and with God's help and Grace,I am able to do this as a testimony to them as well.I cannot forget my siblings either,for they too,would help to nurture and carry me in life, in ways that are the true meaning of what a family is about.I also want to mention some people for whom I have also much gratitude toward.
     
        First,is the man, who one day asked me to attend church with him,and introduced me to Orthodoxy, by his invitation.He would also be present at my Chrismation,and be there for other moments in my life which are equally valuable to me as that is.Second,are the priests and people that I have come to know,since becoming the person I am today.The priests were the ones I would go to ,to learn about the Faith,it's history,and how it applies to my life,and how it could make me a better person.Each one had their own personal encounters with me,and I am glad God placed them in my life as He has.I learned that if I am ready to ask a question,I am ready for the answer,no matter if what it may be,and it also may not be in the way I expect,and that too, is okay.They would do what a priest or teacher is to do,and that is to guide people, and listen without judgement,but maybe to also give an unbiased perspective of the situation ,and I've had quite a few as others have.One in particular,I would like to mention,was +Father Constantine J.Terzopoulos.He was only with our church a short time,but what he leaves with each one of us, will last our whole lifetime.He is unique,the whole way around,including his sense of humor.Never let it be said that a priest cannot laugh,because they can and do.He is intelligent,because of his willingness to pursue learning,to make him a better priest and teacher,thus ,helping me to be a better person.He,I consider,to be one of the most loving,caring souls,I've ever been blessed to have known in my life,and hold him in very high reguard,because it is due him.I would say that for those who do not know him,have no clue what they're missing,and it is alot.In my view,he is a great example of what a representative of God looks,and acts like,or rather just is!
   
The people,such as a particular friend of mine,were another important part of this process in faith.She has never been shy about helping me see the Truth as it does apply to me.She's honest,has a wonderful heart,and a great sense of humor,and to me that's a wonderful gift in itself.She and others,have welcomed me into their church family,and have truly exemplified the meaning of fellowship and love.They are whom I consider to be family to myself as well.. As blessings go, that I've lost count,but I know that they are many.
 
Finally I dedicate this to you,the reader,because,we are all connected in some mystical,powerful way.We are actually "blood-related",if you think of it in the way that I do...that we are all related, to The Lamb of God,through His Precious Blood...and that we are truly the one"true church".....not a mere building, but,we are vessels of His love,for which the Church is also His Bride,and He is the Bridegroom.

My sincere hope is that you,the reader,can see throughout this,my experience,and how it may benefit you,or someone you know,and also to show you that I too can relate.....I understand....I empathise,and encourage you to see something better for yourself,or someone else who may need encouragement and hope,and to know love through faith as I have.

So,it is with that,I wish  you Love,in the most sincere fashion,as God has,by sharing my story as an eternal Gift,may it help you to know that you are worthy of it,no matter if I know you personally or not.May the Lord bless thee and keep thee.Let His Countenance shine before you, and give thee peace.To the Glory and Honor of His Majestic name,both now and forever,until the Ages of Ages.Amen!


+With Love In Christ,
Terrelyn R.Whittall




© Copyright 2008 terre (terre at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1433868-TIL-MY-JOURNEYS-ENDDEDICATION