*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1434531-To-Love-You
Rated: 18+ · Novel · Drama · #1434531
falling in love is hard
prologue


Clair  Gains  watched  as  the  wipers  swished  with  the sound  of  water  trickling down  the  window. She  was  tired,  and  lonely  her  heart  ached  for  something warm  to  hold  on  too. "Hey  you gonna be ok"?  Joey  Hines  placed  a well  meaning  hand  on  her  shoulder  and  smiled  at  her. "Nothing  a  hot  bath  and  a  bed  couldn't  fix,  she  said  with  a shrug."  "It  wouldn't  be  so  bad  if  you  let  someone  in  every  once  and  awhile  kid."
"You  don't  always  have  to  be  like  this."  His  hands  jestered  to  the  bus  as  he  easied  into  the  seat  beside  her.  I  smiled  at  him  with  a  sadness  I  had  felt  nearly  most  of  my  28 year  old  life.  "Some  day  Clair,  some  day  someone's  gone  see  beneath  all  this,  glitz  and  gleam."  "What  are  they  gone  fine  beneath"?  I  shook  my  head  and  dropped  my  hands  from  the  key board. "I  can't  do  it  anymore,  I  have  nothing  more  to  write." 
"Joey  lefted  her  chin  up,  you  always  have  something  to  write  Clair,  its  just  not  so  easy  to  find  anymore."  The  bus  stopped  with  a  woosh  and  she  stood  with  a  sigh.  "Last  stop  Joey,  should  I  get  off"? "He  smiled  up  at  her,  stood,  and  kissed  her  forhead,  its  your  fairy tale  princess,  we  all  got  stop  sometime." "Yeah  but  the  question  is  what  happens  when  its  over"? "You  find  a  new  one." She  slid  her  key  board the  into the  duffle  bag  and  slung  it over  her  shoulder.
She  couldn't  always  be  a  rock  star,  someday  she  had  to  face  reality.  Why  shouldn't  it  be  now? "See  you  when  its  over  kid."  I  stepped  down  off  the  bus  than  watched  it  pull  away. This  was  real  life,  now  it  was  mine.





















Chapter 1

As  I  stepped  into  the  house  the  silence  engulfed  me, threating  to  swallow  me  whole.  All  my  life  I  had  been  running  from  everything  in my  life,  and  now  here  I  was back  where  I  never  didn't  belong.  For  10  long years  I  had  been  surrounded  be  people  telling  me  to  smile  like  this,  talk  like  this,  sing  and  stand  like  this.  Now  here  I  was  all  alone  and  I  was  afraid  of  the  silence?! "About  time  you  showed  up." "Good  God  Pipper  you  scared  me  to  death!" I  frowned  at  her  as  she  stood  in  the  doorway  to  the  living  room,"relax  Clair  I  told  you I  would  stop  by  after  work  with  a  beautiful  bottle  of  wine  to  Christing  your  home  coming."
I  tossed  off  the  blond  wig  and  stepped  into  the  living  room,  tossing  it  to  the  table.  "Please  tell  me  you  brought  something  good  beside  wine  in  that  bag." Pipper  smiled  and  pulled  out  a  bottle,"Jose  hitched  a  ride  to,  just  for  you."  She  tossed  her  friend  the  bottle  and  Clair  sat  down  on  the  sofa  crossed  leg.  Taking  a  sip  from  the  bottle  she  sighed  deeply  as  the  first  burning  sip  slipped  down  the  back  of  her  throat.  "Why  is  it  so  hard  being  normal  for  me"?  A  snort  exscaped  Pipper's  lips  and  she  reached  up  to  shove  back  a  strand  of  blond  hair  that  had  fallin  against  her  face.  "Since  when  have  you  ever  been  normal"? "Haha,  very  fun, she  said  to  her  friend  punching  her  in  the  arm." "No,  you  know  what  I  mean  Pipper." "Normal  for  me  why  is  it  so  hard." "Maybe  because  you  just  don't  know  how  or  really  deep  down  inside  maybe  you  don't  want  too"?
© Copyright 2008 angelkisses (angelkisses2 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1434531-To-Love-You