*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1434643-Writers-Block
Rated: 13+ · Other · Arts · #1434643
Unfinished ranting about Art, Society and Religion
Writer's Block. All this need for an explosion of creative energy, and I have writer's block. I'm not even a writer, and still - writer's block. I am not a writer, an artist, an archetect, and I am barely a musician full of inspiration as well as a lack of discipline to learn how to release these ideas.
         Nothing comes naturally, with the exception of the instinct to hunt, mate, eat and survive. And breathing of course, although for mandkind it comes as a learned  trait through a doctor's manipulation. The great artists, writers and musicians are all claimed to be inspired by a higher power and are born with the ability to produce such creativity and father these ideas. Any substandard human can create, but who has the say in whether such work is art?
         And these instincts we are born with, ninety-nine percent are rejected by the popular society. Set standards of a higher species to bring us apart form the animals we already dominate as humans. We have created this world, our kindgom that we live in, having to follow the rules of this hierarchy that only exists because we simply say it does. Climb the ladder to the top and for what? The respect and admiration for our peers? This system exists only because we have created it and it will mean nothing once we die or it is destroyed. The dead reap no benefit from this world we have birthed, this work of art. We are all but ants creating this mound, treading along until some eleven-year old kid comes and destroys our life's work, proving this is all meaningless and for show. Similar to peacocks, as our feathers are proof of what we have earned individually. These feathers help us to find our mates, ensuring survival of the individual and our species.
                And religion is another creative handiwork of societies rules. Do we live how we live because we are told, or have we lived this way for centuries and created a story around it in order to make it more acceptable? The Middle-East does not believe what the Western culture believes - Were they told by a god or the God to live by these different rules? Maybe we are living in an experimental creation of God, to see how each of us would fare.

Along with these religious stories, we get these iconic characters such as Jesus, etc. Ironically enough the Greeks had their own do-gooding Hero named Hercules. Supposedly he is holding the weight of the world on his shoulder, while kids in America are singing "He's got the Whole World in His Hands."

------   
© Copyright 2008 Ariviaci (ariviaci at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1434643-Writers-Block