*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1435681-No-title
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Novel · Gothic · #1435681
No Description Yet
Miranda Stevens was an orphan. She had been orphaned when she was six when her parents were killed in a fatal car accident. She had then been sent to foster care having no one the state could find to care for her. She was young at the time but she could still remember feeling alone and afraid. She was not abused physically but the emotional and mental abuse had been there. She was cared for, clean clothes and food, but there had been no love. Not until Victoria. Miranda didn't know whom this woman was, but she felt safe with her and was comforted by the idea of someone taking her away from this cold home she had lived in for two years. She was told that Victoria was a distant relative that had not known of her families demise until recently. She was willing to adopt Miranda if Miranda wanted to live with her. Miranda was thrilled. She had someone in her life now that would possible answer all the questions an eight year old could possible have. She wanted to know what had really happened to her parents but she also wanted to feel that she wasn't alone anymore. Victoria was proving to be the one and only person who could do that for her.
She was eight then, now at 33 she was wondering how life changes in an instant. She had not seen or heard from Victoria in years and was worried that something had happened to her. Not that much could, because when Miranda was 12 she discovered Victoria's biggest secret. Victoria Rains was a vampire and she was Miranda's great-great-great grandmother. Up until the age of 12 Miranda never questioned why Victoria never ate with her or only went outside when it was dark or cloudy. This was not something that conserned a small child. This was not something to consider.
© Copyright 2008 AJ Aden (sw7d_watb at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1435681-No-title