*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1436579-Those-Bygone-Days
Rated: 18+ · Article · War · #1436579
This is an artical based on the experience of ten years civil war.
Those Bygone Days

“A four year girl woke up. She called her mother from the bed as she always expected her to be carried to the kitchen for morning breakfast. Unfortunately, her mother did not come today. She went herself to the kitchen and searched but couldn’t. She went out of the house but as she approached the cow shed she found her mother lying on the way to the shed. She called but she did not respond. Actually she was killed on crossfire between armies and Maoist guerrillas the very morning.” A piece of black cloud cast over her destiny from the day. It is not a fiction but truth.

This is one of the tragic stories of thousands of Nepalese. About 13000 people lost their life during the insurgency that underwent in this country. They were the people recorded. There are still more people who are out of the record. Thousand of people have been homeless. Many of the children have been orphan. Many of them are paralyzed due to the civil war. They had no chance except leaving their farm, cattle, and houses. They could go nowhere though it was compulsion. They had no hope. They were refugees in their own country. What could be more tragic then this. They were the slaves of uncertainty and political instability. They could put no effort in brining the chaotic, disastrous and violent situation under their control. Both armed group and Maoist fought in a dramatic manner. The police station blew up which could be seen only in action movies. They were the witness of the scene with daughters were raped in front of them. Fathers were slaughtered with a knife. Brothers were beaten indiscriminately.

There was different scenario which was never expected. There were hardly few males in the rural areas. There were more females and children instead.

Those days were very terrible. No one wants to recall those barbaric and brutal past. There was no limitation of cruelty. Kindness, happiness and humanity were limited in the book of history.

Thanks God!

Now the problem has come to its end. The rebelling group has come to an agreement. They are in government at present. Other political parties and Maoist have atleast tried to come to the common consensus. Election of the constituent assembly has been held. The elected members are expected to draft a new constitution.

All Nepalese aspire to forget the black days of the history. They want to live a life of happiness and peace. They want their faces of their family, friends, and relatives with smile. Peaceful and content life is the only aspiration they expect.

“Hey politicians will you listen to their plight?”

(For your kind information this work of writing is based on ten year long insurgency in Nepal. It’s a country which lies between China and India)
© Copyright 2008 rsmalla (rsmalla at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1436579-Those-Bygone-Days