*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1436582-Icicle-Lights
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Non-fiction · Spiritual · #1436582
Excerpt from "This Song... How to Hear the Voice of God" ISBN 1-4241-9863-1
In this story, the Voice of the Holy Spirit (whose Voice I hear) will be shown in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS.

Icicle Lights

Shortly after my profound repentance experience... I wanted someone else to have what or who I have. I had the new luggage with wheels and all (for ease at the airport to make a trip to Texas to see my daughter), but I thought the Davis family already knows the Lord so I wanted to see the Gibsons instead. So, I called up Michael to get back together with him so that I could share this newfound experience--Repentance and Baptism in the Holy Ghost.
I GAVE YOU POWER TO BE MY WITNESS.
I'm guilty of calling the Holy Spirit an "It" and a "This" back then instead of Him, so I said that my husband has to get "This" and to have "It." Michael arrived at the motel room in Tulsa where I had been staying. His Dad, Virgil had driven him there. I also call him Dad, but for this story, I'll put Virgil. I briefly explained to him what had happened and that I needed and wanted to read the Bible. Michael then told me that he had just rented a small house in Checotah, Oklahoma, for us to live at. He said that he had fixed up a room for me and that I could read my Bible there. When we arrived I slowly walked into the house and noticed that he had hung a plaque with the 23rd Psalm on the wall and a picture of Fruits. He had some of Mom Gibson's (Vivian Ruth Gibson's) Bibles there also.
We didn't sleep in our bedrooms. Not Virgil in his room nor Michael and I in ours. Virgil slept on the couch in the living room and Michael and I made a palette in the living room floor. Before my healing, when Mike and I were together before, we had made a pallet because like I said; when I lay down, my face would hurt and I would get up during the night and sit up in bed. I would smoke cigarettes and even drink coffee in the night... I thought the warmth made it feel better. Hey, I just called myself "it," so I guess I'm "it" like my friend Paul Keith Page says, "You're it!" (Paul Keith is a friend who is being healed of Parkinson's and he stays at the City Rescue Mission in Oklahoma City). Hi, Paul!
YOU SHOULDN'T SAY BEING. YES, BY HIS STRIPES WE ARE HEALED. WE'RE ALREADY HEALED. YES, IT'S ALL BEEN DONE. SIMPLY CLAIM IT. YES, REMEMBER YOUR HEALING.
Okay, Paul Keith is a friend who was healed
AND HE NO LONGER SUFFERS. I TOOK ALL OF YOUR DISEASES AND I MAKE YOU COMPLETE!
Hi, Paul!
Back to the story of the pallet... I thought that the warmth of the coffee and cigarettes had made me feel better. So, we chose a pallet so that Mike would not be awakened by me all night (even though he's the one who did it).
YAHWEH SAYS HE'S NOT THE ONE WHO DID IT.
Okay, satan did it. Pull out both barrels and fire at the correct enemy, right? YAHWEH SAYS YOU ARE RIGHT. PULL OUT BOTH BARRELS FOR ME AND START CASTING HIM OUT.
Anyway, I figured that Michael needed his sleep so that he could go to work to get the money to fix it. We had decided a pallet was the way to solve that. Maybe now it was that we were just accustomed to a pallet or that he didn't realize the pain was gone.
Whatever the case, I simply don't recall because now in Checotah we weren't working anywhere yet. As a matter of fact, we were all a bit nervous as to where the next month's bills were going to be paid from. We were all very aware that the rent was coming up, as well as the electric, gas and water bills.
YOU WERE CERTAINLY NERVOUS... BUT STILL COMPLETE IN ME. I'LL SHOW YOU A WAY TO PAY THE BILLS.
We didn't have anything going on (for work)--no ideas or anything. But every night and after we'd make our pallet and Dad would get settled in on the couch...
I THOUGHT YOU WERE GONNA CALL HIM VIRGIL AND YOU SAID THAT YOU WANTED MORE WORDS FROM JAH...
I would read out loud for all of us starting at Genesis. I would read a chapter or two every night while they listened. Christmas was also drawing near. It seems like we were always broke at Christmas, but somehow I had managed to talk them into at least renting the movie, "The Ten Commandments" with Charlton Heston (seeing that we would soon be reading that story). I could sense that things were getting tense and I so wanted them to also rent the movie "The Greatest Story Ever Told" before it would be too late...
YOU SIMPLY SENSED THE URGENCY,
but they would not. So it was just as I thought... during one night of Bible reading, Virgil began interrupting and hollering out, "Yeah, but do you know who satan is? Do you know who satan is? I said, do you know who satan is?" The words that came from inside me in answer to his questions were these: "Yeah, he's your daddy!"
THAT'S WHERE YOU SUFFERED IN SILENCE, BUT YOU WERE GOLDEN.
But I held my tongue. I might have should have loosed it because I believe that was the night that Virgil decided he didn't want me to read the Bible to him any longer, but I held my tongue because he was an older man and Michae's dad.
IT WAS SIMPLY BECAUSE HE IS OLDER. YOU LEARNED THAT FROM SCRIPTURE READING.
Oh well, I was glad not to have to make a pallet any more. (I'm a Mary after all and not a Martha)...
IT DOESN'T MEAN YOU'RE LAZY, BUT PRETTY AS A PRINCESS BEFORE ME. I AM GOD.
Luke 10:38-42... "Now it came to pass, that He entered into a certain village and a certain woman named Martha received Him into her house. And she had a sister called Mary, which also sat at Jesus' feet and heard His Word. But Martha was cumbered about much serving, and came to Him and said, Lord dost thou not care that my sister hath left me to serve alone? Bid her therefore that she help me. And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things: But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her." So we stopped making our pallet in the living room so that only Michael and I could read the Bible together in our bedroom.
One day, I was in the kitchen cooking or doing the dishes or something while Mihael and Virgil were in the adjoining living room watching television when Michael hollered b ack to the kitchen saying, "Would you like for me to get us a Christmas tree?" I said, "No, because I don't want a fake one and I don't want you to pull one up (killing a real tree) either, but I would like some of those lights for the house that look like icicles." He said rather sharplyl, "We can't afford those!" As if to say, "How dare you even ask for something expensive at a time like this."
THEY'RE SIMPLY NOT EXPENSIVE.
I felt very small. But just wait because when God MOVES in... He MOVES in! And God made me feel very big, very special, very expensive and very important to the last detail... even the icicles!
One thing that we could afford was good food. Previously, I had talked them into going to the food stamp place to receive a card for our whole family. When Christmas Day arrived... there Michael and I were with our first Christmas turkey to cook together with all the trimmings! Mom used to cook it and WE USED TO EAT WITH THE WHOLE FAMILY.
Everything was just about ready to be served and we were having a nice day. Michael stepped outside to have a cigarette because we tried not to smoke in the house too much because Virgil didn't like it. He said it messed with his breathing. Since we would be eating in the more comfortable living room instead of at the table because it was a special day, I took the opportunity to go tidy it up a bit. As I began sweeping in front of the couch, I was complaining... I was saying, "Just look at this mess, man... I can't believe this big, fat mess... the food is almost ready and look at this mess," etc... . Well, unbeknownst to me, Virgil heard me and saw me carrying on like that. He had been in his bedroom or the bathroom and now stood in the hallway. His face had turned red! He was a mixture of anger and embarrassment and I then felt just awful for apparently hurting his feelings, the section in front of the couch being "his spot." He grabbed the broom. I held on to the broom. He was saying, "Just let me have that broom, I'll clean it up myself!" So there we were... standing in the living room, fighting over this broom and arguing. Looking back, I fugure that they were just looking forf something and trying to start a fight.
THAT'S WHAT THEY OFTEN DID.
Anyway, I guess we got pretty loud, because Michael heard us and came back into the house running over to us to break up the broom fight.
HE WAS NOT TRYING TO BREAK UP THE BROOM FIGHT. HE JUST HEARD YOU YELL. HE DOES NOT LIKE A WOMAN TO YELL.
But he yelled, "Cathy, get in our room with me... right now!" So, I went in our room with him as I tried to explain what had happened but it seems he was getting in my face sort of threateningly. So the first words that came to mind and the matching actions were... "Oh, yeah... here's the other cheek," I yelled as I stuck the other side of my face (the uninjured side) right up to his. He just froze. I mean that you could literally watch him go from looking like he was gonna do something to frozen solid!
AND I SENT A SYMBOL OF FROZEN SOLID. THE WORD WORKS!
His countenance--his face just dropped and his hands were just still at his side. He was unable to do anything. I hit him with the Word! He stood there motionless and emotionless with his eyes on the ground for a few moments. I was relieved.
Then Michael broke the silence and said, "Let's go outside for a few minutes while Dad cools off." I thought "Dad? Don't you mean yourself?" So, we headed outside. We awkwardly saw Dad on the way as he was in the driveway or by the shed at this time--so we went way out back! We went past the pond and what I called the sand dunes and back into the woods way back behind our house where Michael sat down by a tree. I just stood there beside him. We didn't say a word... just cooling off. Finally, I couldn't stand it--I broke the silence--again the words just came out of my mouth: I said, "Michael, there are SUPERNATURAL Powers that you just wouldn't believe in." Then his eyes lit up--like he had an idea. He said, "C'mon, let's head back to the house. Dad's probably had time to cool off by now." As we walked I said, "Watch this for instance." I then pointed my finger up to the sky and said really loud, "I rebuke you, satan, out of the sky!" Nothing happened right then (that we could see).
IT WAS OF THE HOLY GHOST. YOU'RE SIMPLY MY REPRESENTATIVE.
I just shrugged my shoulders to say, "I don't know" and looked at Michael like to say, "Just wait--just wait a minute". All the while, we had kept walking toward the house. When we got there--it had started sprinkling. We went on in and had our Christmas dinner, which was not ruined. By some miracle feat it was still very good food! As the evening progressed... so did the sprinkling. It had turned to sleet and eventually that night into a great ice and snowstorm. It was reported as the biggest ice storm to hit Oklahoma in the last 15 years.
IT WASN'T A STORM. I JUST SENT ICE MUCH.
All SUPERFICIAL power was knocked out from the Checotah and Eufaula area all the way up to McAlester and beyond. It stretched a great distance. It was a mighty Demonstration of the Power of the Holy Spirit! (The SUPERNATURAL Power I had said that Michael just wouldn't believe in). My Daddy did fhat!
YES, YESHUA'S YOUR DADDY!
That night we drove into town to see the damage, but I saw something else. I noticed something extremely special and most unforgettable and so beautiful! Every single building, every single business and every single home had icicles on them! My Daddy did that! I got my icicle lights!
YES, YESHUA SAYS YOU GOT YOUR ICICLE LIGHTS BECAUSE I COMMANDED THEM!
Hey, girls--listen to me--when your human husband says, "No, you can't have any icicle lights"... Don't worry, because God is never late and He's always on time...
YES, CHILD, ALWAYS...
with much bigger and better icicle lights than they could ever get.
YOU'RE GOING TO MAKE MANY PEOPLE FOLLOW ME.
© Copyright 2008 Jessica (hezekah at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1436582-Icicle-Lights