*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1437476-Determined
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Sports · #1437476
He was not going to back down. This time, the championship was his.
Aiken sat on the bench in the locker room, huddled over with his elbows rested on his knees and his head hung low in concentration. Every muscle on his body was tensed and ready. Every muscle had been preparing for this day. Aiken closed his eyes slowly and let the memory of last year's competition replay again and again in his mind. He visioned his desperate, off-balance attack and the rising knee of the current champion, Kilan. His eyes snapped open and he rose from the bench. This year was going to be different. It was his turn to win the title of champion. His fists clenched and unclenched nervously. He was prepared to win, no matter what.

As he heard his name called for the match, Aiken trotted out to the middle of the arena. He saw Kilan walking toward him and smiled inwardly. As he shook hands with Kilan as a sign of good character he thought only of how those hands had brought him a defeat last time they met. As they parted, Aiken thought of how he would now bring Kilan a defeat. He turned and locked eyes with his opponent on the opposite side of the fighting ring.

The bell rang to begin the match and instantly Aiken rushed his opponent, his charge coming in low and fast. His attack found its mark and Aiken wrapped his arms around the backs of Kilan's knees, bringing him down with a powerful tackle. Raining powerful blows down on Kilan's head, he felt his opponent starting to push with his legs. Stepping back to allow Kilan to rise, he got ready. Kilan rose with a powerful kick to Aiken's head, a blow that Aiken himself thought he was lucky to avoid. He launched a powerful punch with his right and felt Kilan grab his arm. He stepped forward and rammed his hip into Kilan's as he pulled his opponent off balance with his locked arm. Kilan rolled on the floor and rose again. Aiken could tell that he was surprised by this new, more aggressive style. Suppressing a smile, Aiken again launched himself at his opponent. His chest collided with Kilan's head and Aiken moved to wrap his arms around his neck. Kilan, however, ducked as Aiken's light frame slammed into his. Kilan had little time to launch a counterattack, however, and soon found himself under a new assault. Aiken let loose a huge flurry of punches and kicks, all of which Kilan narrowly blocked. Kilan stomped Aiken's chest and Aiken flew back a small bit. Aiken knew that this little bit of space was all Kilan needed to adjust to Aiken's onslaught. Kilan attacked to match his aggressor, with powerful strikes and vicious take-downs, but was surprised to find that Aiken had changed his style as well. With an inward smile, Aiken fought defensively, counterattacking at every opportunity. Kilan retreated to formulate a new plan of attack, soon realizing his mistake as he saw Aiken's knee flying toward his face. Aiken felt his knee connect with Kilan's jaw with a powerful crunch and smiled. He didn't notice, however, that Kilan had thrown his hand up just in time to block most of the blow. It was Aiken's turn now to regret his mistake as Kilan brought a vengeful elbow into his ribs. Aiken fell down, Kilan's elbows raining massive strikes onto his chest. As he hit the floor he tried to roll out of Kilan's range, but Kilan would have none of it. His arm was locked up and his head was pounding from the blows he received from Kilan. He finally managed to roll away. He rose with a desperate punch for Kilan's face, hoping to end it in that one final attack. In slow motion, he saw Kilan move away from the strike and bring his knee up. The image of last year's defeat pasted itself into Aiken's face once again and Aiken cried out. He grabbed Kilan's knee and lifted. Kilan flipped in the air once and landed on his stomach, his leg still held by Aiken. Aiken twisted the leg and started smashing his knee into his opponent's. Kilan screamed in pain and attempted to turn around, but could not. Aiken finally let go and brought Kilan up onto his knees. Kilan saw the attack coming a mile away, but could do nothing to counter it. With a vicious knee to the face of Kilan, Aiken took his championship.
© Copyright 2008 Pato Loco (fenrirs_life at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1437476-Determined