*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/143765-Henrys-Rumble-Seat
by Kings
Rated: E · Article · Personal · #143765
Riding in the Rumble seat of a Model A Ford Roadster

Henry's Rumble Seat

At the time of this story my sister Norma was age six and I was age four. Mom had a Model A Ford with a Rumble seat in the trunk.

Mom was going to take us for a ride so Norma and I jumped in the Rumble seat. I can not remember how it happened, but the Rumble seat accidentally closed locking us inside of it. It seemed like forever before Mom heard us screaming and let us out. Inside the trunk it was very scary, dark, hot, and hard to breathe.

That incident stayed in my subconscious mind all my young adult life. I had a problem of waking up from my sleep short of breath at night or anytime I awoke. I did not know at the time, but this was the reason for all my night mares.

Years after it happened, Norma refreshed my memory about the incident. Her recollection was much better than mine. I do not think anything could ever scare me again as much as that.

Later, after I discussed the incident with Norma and she told me what I could not remember about it. My night mares slowly disappeared I've not had one since then.

NOTE:
(I want to explain what a Rumble seat is.) A Rumble seat is like a trunk lid on most modern cars. Except it opens from the top and locks at the top. It has seats on the inside of it big enough for two people to sit. The Rumble seat is attached to the back of a model A Ford like a trunk.

BY: Kings
© Copyright 2001 Kings (tazzy1228 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/143765-Henrys-Rumble-Seat