*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1438358-Slit-This-Mess--Chapter-2
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by haraS.
Rated: ASR · Chapter · Teen · #1438358
continuation.
Chapter 2-Alexa:

I came out of my huge walk-in closet holding two outfits and stood in front of my full-length mirror. My two-year-old Pomeranian dog Maggie was lying on my queen sized bed. The hot pink satin sheets seemed to swallow her up.
“What do you think Maggie? Pink Ralph Lauren polo with denim skirt, or blue Juicy Couture shirt with tan Bermudas?”
She barked her high pitch chirp and looked at me with her big green eyes. Smiling, I walked back to my closet and put back the outfit I had decided against. With Maggie following right behind me, I walked to the other end of the closet and opened the door to my bathroom. Flipping on the lights, I turned on the radio to the local hit station, Q94. Slipping off my pink boy shorts and cami, I slipped into the shower while singing along.
Dance, dance! We’re falling apart to half time! Dance, dance!
And these are the lives we love to lead! Dance, this is the way
they’d love. If they knew how, misery loved me!
After taking a nice warm shower, I walked back into my room. Slipping on the tight denim skirt and polo, I put on my white lace-up flip-flops, and then buckled on a white belt. Walking over to my jewelry box, I picked out the white hoops and a sapphire ring.
All the way from my room I could smell my mom’s famous French toast. I strolled down our spiral staircase and sat down at the table.
“Alexa, don’t you think that skirt is a little bit too short?” my mom said, setting down powdered sugar and syrup covered French toast down along with a tall class of orange juice.
“Mom. I’m 15 years old. The skirt goes down to almost my knees. That’s not too short.”
“Well…okay then…as long as you don’t get in trouble at school.”
I glanced over at my dad and rolled my eyes. We both knew very well that my mom disapproved of showing any skin. Her entire wardrobe was practically all turtlenecks and long pants.
After I finished my meal, I walked out to our white Rolls Royce. I got in the front seat and turned on the radio. A few minutes later, my mom got in the car. As I pulled in front of my school, I saw my friends sitting in front of the big orange and white sign that says “Longview High School”.
“Lex! Hey!” my best friend Lindsay ran up to me and gave me a big hug.
“Hey girl! How was your weekend?” I asked her with a big smile on my face. I knew this was the question she was looking for. She had her first date with her new boyfriend, Kyle, on Saturday.
“MY GOD, it was amazing! See, Kyle showed up on Saturday exactly at seven. He looked SO hot. I mean his outfit was so cute, and his hair! Oh my God, his hair was amazing. He had it like…perfectly messed up. He was so hot.”
“That’s awesome. Now would you like to tell me about the date?”
“Oh! Right. Well…see, he picked me up. Then he talked to my parents. Then we went to the car. Then he turned the car on.”
“LINDSAY. I meant give me details.”
“Oh. Right. Sorry. Well, when he picked me up, my parents wanted to meet him, which was kinda awkward. But anyways, he came inside and had a soda while we all sat down on the couch talking. According to my mom, he’s a “really sweet boy, and he’s also really cute for 16!” My dad on the other hand just likes him because he likes the same baseball team as my dad.
After my parents finally let us leave, he took me to that new Olive Garden. The spaghetti was SO good. So then after we ate, we went to a movie. It was so cute; he held my hand the entire time. After that, he took me home. He was about to kiss me, but then my parents opened the door. I was so mad at them!”
Chuckling, I smiled at Lindsay. “Aww, he sounds really cute. I’m glad you had a good time.”
I picked up my book bag and began walking towards the school. I was really not looking forward to English class. As I was walking, I continued talking with my group of friends. We stopped at my locker, and as I began to do the combination, I felt someone tap me on my shoulder. I turned around, expecting it to be one of my girl friends. It wasn’t. It was Brett Newton.
“Uhm, Alexa…that’s my locker.”
I looked up at the locker number. Oops…I had gone to the one two down from mine. Feeling my face turn bright red, I quickly grabbed my books and continued walking with my friends.
“So, did you do that on purpose?” my friend Sophia asked.
“Shut up. It was an accident.”
Everyone knew that I liked Brett, and no matter how much I denied it, they wouldn’t believe me. But I couldn’t really help it. I mean he was cute, smart, and really funny! He’s perfect.
Snapping out of my little daydream, I walked into English class. Double-checking to make sure I had the right seat (which I did!), I sat down right as the bell rang for class to start.
The day was pretty uneventful, especially considering I couldn’t get my mind off the little incident at the lockers. As I was walking out to the parking lot after seventh period, Brett’s best friend, Nate, ran up to me.
“Lex! So…uhm…I heard that you…like Brett?” he asked with a skeptical look on his face.
Glaring over towards Lindsay, who was staring at me, I turned back to Nate, “No, why?”
“Well…I guess it doesn’t matter if you don’t like him,” Nate turned around and began to walk away.
I stood there for a few seconds, confused, until I understood what he was saying. I ran to catch up with him.
“Wait…what if I did like him?”
Nate grinned. “I knew you’d say that. Well there’s a rumor going around that Brett is planning on asking you to the Valentine’s Day dance. But I mean, if you don’t like him, I’ll just tell him so he doesn’t waste his time asking you…”
“NO! I mean…I think I might give him a chance…”
Nate laughed and turned around. He began to walk away as he called over his shoulder, “I knew you liked him...”
Grinning, I waved goodbye to my friends as I jumped in the front seat of my mom’s car.
“What are you so happy about sweetheart?” my mom asked with a confused look on her face.
Sighing, I ignored her question and began talking to myself. “This will be great! We’re meant to be! We’ll be the school’s golden couple! This is amazing!”
Rolling her eyes, my mom drove out of the parking lot. As soon as we got home, I ran up to my room to call Lindsay. After telling her what happened with Nate, she started lecturing me on how there had been no point in ever denying to anybody that I liked Brett. Not wanting her to burst my happy bubble, I told her I had to go.
I got out my homework, actually intending to do it. I didn’t even realize I drew all those little hearts all over my paper…
I just couldn’t wait until tomorrow.
© Copyright 2008 haraS. (sarahhh094 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1438358-Slit-This-Mess--Chapter-2