*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1439023-Start-Over
Rated: · Short Story · Other · #1439023
A creative writing assignment I made during English class, please give me your opinion.
          Come to me, dear child. Tell me why you feel such sadness so I can remove them from your mind. Spill out your difficulties and all that bothers you. Come to me my child, take a new path. Come to me, come.
         .          .          . 
        The door was talking to me, telling me to go, to start over, but I am afraid. Why will I listen to this wooden stranger? Is there really a path for me to start over? Can I really escape my problems?
        I can’t possibly leave my drunken mom and her abusive husband. Who will pay the bills? Cook? Clean? I just can’t leave. But, maybe this time I can go to school, get a job, and live free.
        I got up from my bed and looked at the bright, starry sky. The wind is silent, strange! I take another step towards the door and the wind talked.
         .          .          .
        Continue to walk, my child. Get closer to your new life. This will help you, oh so much. Go on, start over, and obliterate all your complications. Keep walking.
I swam around her room pushing her to a new start. Telling her to go on, to keep moving closer and closer to the door.
         .          .        .
                 If I do go through that door my life would change completely. I don’t think I’ll ever have the chance to come back.
        I closed the window; I wasn’t sure what to do, should I go or should I not?
        I thought about it and I’ve made my decision.
        I walked over to open the door; a bright yellow glow gleamed throughout my room. I took my first step. Goodbye mom, step dad, and life. It’s time to go on.
        I took my second step. A tear fell down my cheek; this opportunity had finally come to me.
        I’ve moved on.

        I opened my eyes to see a young girl in a beautiful room with birds singing beside her. She was singing along and smiling for the first time. She knew that this is just the beginning of her new life, and it is going to get better.

        She knew it.
        I knew it.
© Copyright 2008 Teen Stories (sparkletouch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1439023-Start-Over