*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1439216-Mr-Pokey-lama
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Comedy · #1439216
A irreverent story about an always too happy, migrain inducing math teacher.
“110110101100110010110010101001101.” Said the boring math teacher.  “Binary is the language of the future, and it only uses 1s and 0s!”  In this school, in this classroom, in my mind, I really could care less.  This teacher may just seem like a cliché dorkey math teacher.  BUT NO SIR!!!!!!!!!!  This man was Mr. Pokey-lama, breeder of migraines.  Too much his parents must have hugged this man, because Mr. Pokey-lama was always upbeat and cheerful.  Now, don’t believe what the McDonalds commercials tell you because having a smile all the time is not cute, it’s scary!  All day with that irritating smile on his face, he would say these boring lectures on math, while we would become brain dead from migraines.  This binary lecture was the worst.  I couldn’t take it anymore!!!!  I stood on my desk and poured my heart out.


    “Mr. Pokey-lama, I hate you.  I am speaking on behalf of the whole class when I say this.  We really can’t take more of your boring lectures with an upbeat attitude.  Now, you may think, this kid needs a hug.  But no, you got your fill.  You need to accept that we really don’t feel like being happy, we are the EMO generation.  As such we are obligated to feel no joy or sadness.  That may seem weird, but it’s who we are as a generation.  Every generation needs to be misunderstood by the previous generations, that way we stay a functioning society.  Now, I am starting to get off subject.  But before I sit down I must say, binary is pointless.”

    As I sat down in my seat I was surprised to see Mr. Pokey-lama clap and say “How poetic Jake, how about for homework you take that whole speech, and convert it into binary!”  All I could do at this point was lower myself and say, “Why do I bother with you?”


The End

© Copyright 2008 The Shocker (shockwriter23 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1439216-Mr-Pokey-lama