*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1439337-DARE--An-Essay-By-Jake-Roberts
Rated: E · Essay · Educational · #1439337
My award winning DARE essay for graduation.
What can I say about D.A.R.E?  Other than that it is the best anti drug program to grace this earth!  Instead of repeatedly saying drugs kill, don’t do drugs or go to prison for the rest of your life!  D.A.R.E showed factual evidence of the negative effect drugs can have on you and the people around you.  Also, D.A.R.E explained what is inside drugs (Chemicals, diseases, ETC.)  The point being is that D.A.R.E offers proof, rather than propaganda.


  What I really liked about D.A.R.E is how our officer told us stories about people that were negatively effected by drugs and alcohol, whether it was family or friends, our officer was able to tell the truth about these unhealthy vices. 


    But, what is really important is that D.A.R.E has taught us to have self-respect.  If we use something that controls and harms our mind and bodies, we really don’t have self- respect. We all need to love ourselves, if we don’t love ourselves, what’s the point of loving others?  The key words I found from this class are,  L.earning , I.ntegrity, F.amily, and E.ducation.

    So in conclusion, D.A.R.E teaches L.I.F.E
The End
© Copyright 2008 The Shocker (shockwriter23 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1439337-DARE--An-Essay-By-Jake-Roberts