*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1441144-Beginning-of-novel-unfinished
by Elvia
Rated: E · Fiction · Fantasy · #1441144
Circles around trust and how far it can get you
BRRRRRRRRINNNNNNNNG The alarm startled me from my sleep, and I blindly reached over to the offending item, slamming the snooze button before rolling over and closing my eyes again. I drifted back into sleep, the warm blankets inviting against the chill of my room.
“Katie!” I heard my mom call before the door squeaked open. “It’s time to get up, honey, you don’t want to be running late.”
I groaned against my pillow, burying my nose deep into its soft innards. I felt my comforter and sheets yanked back, and I instinctively curled up against the autumn chill.
“You really need to get up, I am sure the shower would be much nicer than getting chilled in your bed” she said as sternly as she could with a smile creeping onto her face. “I will go make breakfast while you shower.” With that, she turned and left, her slippers making little scraping noises on the tile in the hall.
I groaned once more into my pillow, silently cursing whoever decided to start school so early in the morning. I rolled over and placed my feet on the floor, seeking out my slippers that I knew were around here somewhere. I found them, and slipped my feet into them before standing up and walking over to my closet. I picked out a light blue sweater and a pair of dark jeans. I shuffled out my room and across the hall to the brightly lit bathroom. I turned on the shower, turning up the hot water until the mirror fogged up.
After the shower, I tugged on my clothes and quickly blow-dried my hair. I walked out of the bathroom to be assaulted by the smell of toast and eggs. I approached the kitchen to see my mom placing plates on the table. I walked over to the counter and reached into a cabinet, pulling out two glasses and setting them next to the plates on the table. I also grabbed the orange juice out of the refrigerator before taking my spot at one of the two chairs placed at the small table.
© Copyright 2008 Elvia (lannas at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1441144-Beginning-of-novel-unfinished