*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1441479-Angel-Part-4
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Other · #1441479
An Angel sacrifices his wings for his subject to bring her out of the shadows.
Part 1: http://www.razyboard.com/system/morethread-the-beginning-introduction-lithia-203...
Part 2: http://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1428713
Part 3: http://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1437254
Part 5: http://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1447872

„Oh my God!“ Emily jumped as she saw the reflection of Kuro in the mirror of the girls’ bathroom after having straightened from washing her face.

“Not entirely, but if you like to call me that I can’t object” He smirked.

“You can’t be in here!” She interrupted him in mid sentence, grabbing his upper arm and pulling him out of the girls’ bathroom.

“Why not?” he asked dully.

Girls’ bathroom” she said annoyed, pointing at the symbol on the door.

“So because of that lil thing I can’t go in there?” he asked, glaring at the weird symbol. Emily starred at him for a moment with a frown, shaking her head at his stupidity.

“Where are you from? Mars?” She asked grabbing his wrist and pulling him away from the crowds into the school courtyard. Kuro followed with a mischievous smirk, glad that she was paying him attention, but even more glad that she was leading them to a quiet place. He winked at a few girls who were watching him be pulled by Emily, making them burst out in giggles and chatters amongst themselves.

“Right” she said, pushing him under the shade of a tree, “How do you know my name?”

“Do I?” he asked, leaning against the tree and bending one leg, looking at Emily with a raised eyebrow.

“Oh you’re just—“

“Charming?” he asked teasingly.

“No! Annoying was the word I was cornering. Charm is something that you sadly know very little about!” she assured him.

“Is that so?” he asked, getting out an apple and eating it in front of her, still leaning against the tree.

“You’ll find that it is” she remarked confidently.

“Is that why you’re blushing?” He asked raising his eyebrows repeatedly to seduce her.

“I’m not blushing! I’m just....red with rage” she defended.

“I see. Let’s go on a date” he offered. Emily was left completely dumbfounded by the random question.

“Have you been listening to anything I’ve said?” She asked, confused and annoyed by his ignorance.

“Of course I have I could write it all out in a dialogue, but I noticed we’ve been talking around a point so I decided to ask a burning question.” He explained with the same smile, throwing away the core of the apple lazily.

“Wow, do you honestly get girls like this? Because if so I really must question how girls are where you come from because here they certainly don’t like selfish bastards!” she almost shouted, calming down as she noticed the attention they had won, which was quite a few people consisting mainly of girls that were close to drooling over Kuro. Emily looked at the group of ‘fangirls’ that had gathered, with a dull grimace, shaking her head in opposition to their thoughts and turning back to Kuro.

“I have to go to class. You should take out one of them before they die of dehydration” she said pointing at the fangirls and rolling her eyes as she walked away. Kuro took a moment to look at the girls stalking him, smiling a devious smile before pushing himself off the tree with his arched leg and starting off after Emily.

“Boring and dull” he remarked in her ear from behind her, making her jump and glare at him.

“What is?” she asked, not sure if she really wanted to ask but curiosity won out.

“Those girls. Why take affection when I can have blind hatred” he lined up beside her.

“Ah. Well excuse me I have class, some people actually come to school to learn something.” She said turning the corner, surprised that he followed her still.

“We have the same classes” he smiled blissfully.

“Why does it seem like you’re doing this on purpose?” she asked.

“Don’t be foolish, it’s mere coincidence” he said with a tint of sarcasm in his voice.

“Whoever believes it.” She finished the conversation and walked into the classroom, taking her seat as far away from him as she could but he followed and sat down beside her. Before she had the chance to get up and change seats the bell rang and the teacher entered, closing the door and trapping her in her seat for the rest of the semester.

“Music…is not the art of playing an instrument, but the art of interpretation and emotion. If you listen to a song and it gives you a certain feeling, or a memory this is the true art of music.” The teacher began immediately, everyone’s face was turned towards him except Kuro’s.

“How about that date?” he nagged in a low tone, more eager to ask again as he noticed Emily was ignoring him. “Pick you up at your place then?”

“No!” she defended quickly and sneakily, turning her attention back to the teacher.

“Common, one date…if you hate me after that we can still break up and I’ll share my Romeo and Juliet with someone else” he joked.

“Young man do you have something you’d like to share with the class?” The teacher interrupted. Kuro took some time to realize that he was being spoken to, it wasn't until Emily mischievously smiled at him, that he turned his head forward to find the teacher as well as the rest of the class once again staring at him.

“Should I?” he asked.

“You tell me. You had something so important to discuss with Ms. Rose that it couldn’t wait until after class did you not?” the music teacher continued.

“Oh yes, of course I was just asking her out on a date. She almost said yes too but then I got interrupted by someone.” Kuro replied with a cold gaze. The classmates silently chuckled and giggled at his rude reply to the teacher, the girl starring at him with stars in their eyes and the guys either laughing or enviously minding their business. The only two who didn’t respond were the class nerds who, obviously, always agreed with the teacher.

“I beg your pardon?” Mr. Woren asked.

“I…" he pointed at himself, "was asking her" he pointed at Emily, "on a date!” he repeated, mocking the teacher further. Emily slapped his extended hand so hard that he nearly jumped from the shock, telepathically slapping him across the face.

“Excuse him for his rudeness he’s apparently mentally unstable Mr. Woren” she smiled at the teacher, turning back to Kuro in utter hatred.

“Shall we go on? Or does anyone else feel that asking someone out on a date is more important than an education?” he asked, glad to hear silence.

“Nice swing” he whispered to her sideways ignoring the continuous talk of the teacher. “You learn that in karate class?”

“Just shut the hell up and pay attention!” she scolded coldly.

“All you have to do is go out with me and I’ll stop” he offered. Emily turned her head at him in a scoff.

“Do you take pleasure in irritating people?” she whispered loudly.

“Depends on the person I guess” He smirked, “Does that mean you’ll come?”

“Miss Rose and…I’m sorry, your name young man?” the teacher interrupted again.

“Kuro” he smiled dully.

“Last name?” Mr. Woren asked.

“No last name, just Kuro” he replied in the same smart tone as the teacher.

“Alright well I have no time to waste on arguing with you. You two obviously don’t take this course seriously. Please go to the principle’s office and have her see fit to choose your length of detention.” He informed evenly cold, walking to the door and holding it wide open for them. Kuro smirked and turned to Emily, seeing her angrily pack her things and swish past him, making sure to bump into him forcefully as she passed. He pulled himself up and walked after her, pleased with himself.

The door shut and Emily’s shoes were the only sound that filled the empty hall as she swiftly walked towards the office without another glance at Kuro. He rubbed his head in frustration thinking of ways to make it up to her, but as he saw her turn the corner he quickly ran after her to stop her before she entered an office with people other than the two of them.

“Emily wait!” he shouted after her, trying to catch up and grabbing her arm as he finally did. “Wait”

“No!” she bellowed, tugging her arm from his grasp.

“Oh come on you’re not mad are you?” he asked with a chivalric grin.

“Mad? No why would I be mad? You just…got me suspended from my music class and got me into detention!” she remarked sarcastically and dully.

“Good point. But! I did it all for a greater purpose.” He said with his index finger pointing up, to stress the importance of what he was saying.

“Oh really? A greater purpose?” she said, very suddenly striking a pose in front of him.

“Yes of course. How else would I have been able to get you alone? I really wanted to talk to you, but you always run to the crowd…it’s bothering.” He explained.

“Well forgive me for putting my education before personal feeling, but I think knowledge comes before pleasure” she continued sarcastically.

“Now why would you say that?” he asked with a laugh.

“Well sex is very irresponsible if you don’t have the wisdom turn it into something reasonable” she said.

"Well I was just talking about a date but sex works as well." he continued.

"Unfortunately for you I don't have sex with brainless losers" she bellowed in a threatening seriousness.

“That’s just…heartless! You can’t live without love! Even when you’re in school you need someone to…well to relax with, if you will.” He replied

“That’s just rubbish” she rolled her eyes and turned around starting out in the direction to the office.

“N—no don’t…don’t do that I wasn’t finished” he said holding her back again. “I know for a fact that you, more than most people want to be loved”

“What?” she made it clear that he was walking on the edge of a very steep cliff.

“What? Why are you looking at me like that? Am I wrong?” he asked.

“How would you know what I want? She urged.

“I can see it, in your eyes. They’re full of life but lack the only thing that makes it worthwhile.” He said.

“Well that’s just…” she cut off unsure what she wanted to say and continued walking to the office. Kuro followed with a sly smile on his face. Emily wondered what he was thinking about as she looked sideways and saw him smiling to himself. Emily was so preoccupied trying to figure out why he was smiling that she almost ran into the office door if it hadn’t been for Kuro, who majestically opened the door just in time with the same smile on his face.

“Th—thank you” she mumbled barely audible as she stepped into the office and took a seat on the chairs in the secretary’s fore-office.

“So…how about that date?” he nagged. Emily sighed harshly in frustration, happy that the principle interrupted them before she could answer. She got up eagerly and stepped into the office willingly, leaving Kuro behind once again, who was taking pleasure from her hatefulness. He inhaled deeply and got up with the same smile tattooed on his face and closed the door, taking a seat beside Emily, in front of the principles desk.

“Why are you here?” she asked, paying them no heed as she read the paper intently.

“Mr. Woren sent us because we interrupted the class…more than once, and left the punishment for you to decide.” Emily said in a half mutter.

“I see. Well I suppose something can be arranged.” She paused, putting the paper aside with a eerily wide smile. “I know just the thing! We are short on decorators for the coming festival, I shall make you two in charge! Yes that’s perfect, saves me the trouble of doing it.”

“Decorating?” Kuro asked dully, not being much of an artist.

“Yes, here is the sheet of things you will have to buy. Mrs. Trule at the secretary’s desk will give you the money from the school budget. I will leave it to you to come up with something appropriate for the carnival. Surprise me!” she proclaimed with bubbly hand gestures, swiftly waving her hands to shoo them off, “Now go on you have a lot to do!”

Her smile annoyed Kuro, but much more Emily. They both stood up and dragged themselves out of her office with irritated glances. Emily collected the money from the secretary’s desk and left the office with Kuro closely by her side. It required a lot of self control to keep Emily from bursting out in a ravenous rampage against Kuro for getting them into this disposition.

“At least I get my date” he broke the silence, reuniting with his, predominant smile.

“You’ll get something else…a little more painful, if you say another word.” She threatened, jumping on the trolly to head into town to get the items listed on the sheet of paper.
© Copyright 2008 Lithia~mourning lingers~ (lithia at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1441479-Angel-Part-4