*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1441556-Docudrama
by Big C
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Romance/Love · #1441556
Kimberly (better known as Kim) is in trobule which comes with a big price.Greenland
                                                    1
                                 
      Oh my gosh! Why did I agree to this mess. Why do I have to go all by myself? What ever she does, she better not ask-
      "Are you okay hon? You don't look so well."
      "I'm fine!" Man I hate lying to my mom. I knew she was about to ask the same question until I told the truth.
      But what was the truth? That I didn't want to do charity work in Greenland.
      Greenland for god's sake. It's the coldest place ever. Why not Miami or New York or Mexico.
      Mexico.That would be a good place.Where the sun always shines and the beaches are always packed. The boys run with their shirts off. They would do anything just to a girls attention, and the same with girls.
      "You know sweetie", heres her "I am a friends too"  talk."Greenland is a nice place. I've seen and heard about the nice view and....." Why was she telling me this now. The only Greenland she saw was one the computer. It really wasn't going to change my attitude."and nice guys. Theres hardly any trouble."
      Trouble. The one thing that got me into this mess. Where ever I go, there is madness. Parties, school, the park. Even the market around the corner of my house. There is always madness.
      But the trouble that put me into this chairty-Greenland thing wasn't madness. It was pandemonium. All the blame fell on me after the party or get together(thats what I called it). But the police called it braking the law.
    It started with Lisa, Maria, Hunter, and my favorite guy Robert B. Nice the 5th.They were at  my house studying for our last chance of passing the SAT. I already had a high score for  me to get in any college I wanted to. It was the others that needed help.
    Lisa Winters, was a year older than me. Even though she failed last year, she walked around the world with her head up her ass. Everybody loved her golden layered locks and her tanned body. Her green eyes stopped all the boys at school. Even the girls.I hated the way she looked. Breathtaking. She was still a loyal friend and the first to arrive for the study group.
    Of course she had to bring her on again- off again boyfriend with her, Hunter Long. Hunter and Lisa could be twins. They both have golden hair and green eyes. The perfect American couple. Or so I thought. They always fought even when they agreed on the same thing. Thats why I call them twins. They always fought and loved each other at the same time.
    Maria always broke up the fights. She was the peace maker of the group. It's in her blood. The Chavez family was known to fight with words not guns in the Spanish American War. Her long hippie hair went well with her oily skin. If you looked at all her flaws separately, you would think she was a geek. But when you put them together, she was prettier than Lisa. Maria and I have been best friends since birth. I could tell her anything. She knew my secrets and gave me my one true love.
    Robert B. Nice 5th was a strong bronze man. He wasn't a boy, but a man with great features. His straight forward walk and his 12 pack body blew my mind away. Of course there was one flaw. His face was not pleasing. There was acne everywhere like a moon full of asteroids. His lips were soft and pink. But his features wasn't the reason I fell for him, it was his personality.
    His mindful heart grew more and more each day. Without thinking he would do the sweetest things. Hold the door, carry books, help elderly people. Rob wasn't the same type of person that night.
    As we studied, time went by slow.We were all bored and needed something creative to do.Lisa  called her followers. Her followers called thier followers and we made a party. My mom was out on a so called "date" with one of her co-workers. I have the whole house to myself.
  Ten minutes later the bell rung. People I didn't even know showed up to the party. There was a smoky haze in the air. The smell of hard alcohol made my head spin around the room. Music blast through the windows and the party was crunk. Then it got out of hand.
  Two boys started to fight over which beer taste better. Then one girl and two guys went up stairs to have a three way. And that wasn't the worst part. You could smell the drugs all the way to the next street. It was a dangerous party.
  My neighbors called the police before they called my mom.
  They totally messed everything up.
  The neighbors thought someone broke in. All the bright lights and loud music seemed unnatural. It only took 5 minutes for the cops to come. They was ready for a fight, but we surrender easily. I took all the blame and sent to jail for a week.
  The worst days of my life came when I went to court. The judge said I could two years or community service.
    It really wasn't my decision, my mom chose for me. I would have done the same thing, except in a reasonable location. Now I'm stuck in this mess.
    I know there has to be a law about leaving their children alone in a cold and dangerous place.
  "When does your flight leave again, Kim?Kim!"
  "Oh. It leaves in 30 minutes." This is going to be a long flight.
  "You know I wish you would get your act together. Your helping people and animals. There are a-"
  "There are a lot of good things I can do with my life.", she always said my life was great. I quickly gave her a hug  and kiss as we pulled up to the door."I know ma'. I'm doing my best. I love you."
    "Love you too Kim." Her voice started to break. We were crying in the car like sad puppies. I didn't want to leave her alone in the house, but I had to be punished.

                                                  2

    I fell asleep constantly during the flight. It was boring. The plane didn't have a t.v. or food. All I could think about was mom's motto.
    There are a lot of good things you can do with your life.
    I know I can do good things if I wanted to. I know what I want  and who I want to be. I am me. Kimberly Elizabeth Jones, a mixed girl from Texas.
    The plane started to turn black as I looked out the window. I knew we was almost there. The sun was covered by thick clouds of snow.
    "Welcome to Greenland!",the pilot's voice seemed tried."Your bags will be at gate 12. I hope you had a nice trip and good sleep." Everyone woke up from their deep sleep. The flight took six hours from Texas. Thank God it was all over. My leg was about to go to sleep. No wonder why people don't visit.
   
    "Your going to love it here! There isn't much, but its enough to live.....",my house mother stared at me. I'm tried of everyone saying this hell whole is so great. I tune her out but act like I'm interested with oh  and no way ." We don't have many phones or computers up north. But you can still watch t.v." I looked out into the snow. No phones or computers.
    Why couldn't I just take the jail time.
    My house mom beamedbeemed her baby blue eyes at me. I didn't know the cold could make beautiful women. Her dark brown hair went well with her pale skin. She was short, around 5'5 and looked like a toothpick. I wonder if she ate or do they eat up here.
    "How hot does it get up here?"
    "The highest we ever get is 68 degrees. But thats only in June-"
    "How do you survive? I mean what do you eat and how do you keep warm. The place is unstable."
    "Well", she hesitated for a quick second. The question I asked didn't bother her, it was the way I asked it. I was rude. What did she suspect, that I'm sooo excited? "you'll see it will be a piece of cake."
    "Right.", I mumbled under my breath. We passed a sign that said velkommen hen til Qaanaaq.  Mom made me learn Danish and Inuit before I left. I'm surprise I knew what the sign meant, Welcome to Qaanaaq.
    I thought about school, my friends and Rob. Most of all I thought about his touch, his hard honey eyes with his soft lips.
    Wonder what would happen if I chose jail time.
    "We're here!' We pulled up to a small 2 storey shack. The snow covered the roof top along with the cracks of the house. I stood alone in the snow. We were out side of town.
    We got out the car to stair at the snow. I have never seen snow like this. It was white as an unused toilet tissue. White as a wedding dress, white as a rose. The whiteness filled my heart with happiness.
    My house mom got my bags from the trunk. We slowly strolled  towards the house. Inside, the windows lit the room. "Sarah, are you there?" , a man shouted form the other room.
    He peeked around the corner to see if it was us. The man stood tall with a full grown mustache. He walked towards the kitchen staring at a pot on the stove. "Sarah! Can you please come and help me!?"
    "Dave, I told you to wait for me to cook." Sarah ran to the stove and turned it off. "Dave", she started giggling "I love you so much."
    For no reason, we all started to giggle. It wasn't until I walked to the stove  that I found out what he was doing. Dave was trying to cook rice.
    The rice was stuck to the bottom of the pot. It was dark brown. Really burnt."I know, what kind of person can't cook rice." Dave approached me with a smile,"Hi my name is Dave."
    "I'm Kim.", his rough hands shook mine."You have a beautiful home."
      "Thank you. I hope your stay here will be joyful. Do you want", he looked at the rice. He didn't have to finish his sentence, I knew what he was going to ask.
    "No thanks, I had a big lunch on the flight."
    "Well lets go to your room. I tried to make it comfortable for you." We walked up the bright stairs to a dark hall way. At the end, there was a light shining from a room. I knew it was mine.
    Dave put my bags down when we reached the bright room. It was blue with a small walkin closet. A home made desk sat beside my bedwith a small light. The bed was large but only for one person to roll around in. There was a shaved animal on it. So not needed.
    I saw what made the hallway so bright.
    A balcony right by my closet. It had double doors with two chairs outside. I've never had anything like this. Everything put together so nicely as if I were their daughter.I could scream right now.
    "Hope you like it. How many people can say they live in Greenland." Dave went back down stairs laughing.
    I waited to make sure he was gone. The thought of being alone in this country scared me. All I could do was cry until I throw up. How many people can say they live in Greenland.  Not that many people. Who wants to live in a cold environment. I surely don't.
    I saw little fancy images of sunlight out my window. Then my eyes were heavy. The sleep took over my body, and I laid softly on my bed. Sleeping dreamlessly.

                                                  3

The walls were unfamiliar and the bed was unusually soft. I was in a daze.
         “Oh sun, please get out of my face!” I screamed to the sun and myself. The bright lights burned my eyes. Sunday’s sun was the worst sun ever. It was the sun that began the week, and the sun that end the week.
         I got up from the bed looking around the room. My clothes were unpacked and there was breakfast on my desk. I walked over to see what the letter said.
Good morning Kim,
I hope you slept well. We know you was tried, so we made you breakfast. Don’t be in a rush, we unpacked your clothes. Be back soon.
Love,
Dave and Sarah
 

Next to the note was a flat piece of bread, cereal, eggs sunny-side up, and juice. My mom would never make me breakfast in bed. All she cared about was work or my life. She never let me have a say in my life. When ever I go somewhere, I have to call her.
         Oh no! My mom, I haven’t called her or at least e-mail her since I’ve been here. I ran to the phone outside. It was on a tall poll right outside the house. Last night was hard. I didn’t even have a tour of the house.
         I ran passed the door. Forgetting my new purple with yellow lining jacket my mom bought before I left and matching snow boots at the door.
         “Ouch!” The cold snow made my feet ache and my body shiver. The pain sent a message to my brain. Get back.  I couldn’t move my feet from the ground. I had no idea what was going on. Standing there cold, freezing I finally thought of an idea.
         Maybe I should crawl to the door.
         It’s the only way I could get inside. I lay down on the ground getting my hoodie sweatshirt dirty. Both of my hands sat softly on the snow. Trying to move my feet, a sharp pain stunt my back. It made me fall over with a quick yell. Then everything vanished.

              “She’s going to be ok.” a voice ranged in my head.  It wasn’t Sarah’s voice or Dave’s. “She just needs a little rest. It might take her 30 minutes to wake up.”
         “Ugh! What happened?” I coughed up the words when the person was finished. I saw what looked like a women over me. My vision wasn’t normal, there where black spots everywhere.
         “Sweetie, you should get some rest. You’ve survived a lot today.” I closed my eyes for what seemed like forever, and then opened them. The woman was no longer over me.
         Now, I was alone in a bright lit room. Sleeping on clouds.
         Black clouds covered my dreams. I saw flashes of red in the white snow. There was a black figure near the red. He saw me, and flew right pass.
         The red touched my toes as it trailed down hill. It was warm and thick. Couldn’t be Kool-Aid. I didn’t know what it was, but it lead behind a hill.
         I slowly followed the trial of red. It was hard to walk with no shoes and jacket. The cold pain took over my body again. Was I really outside again. The felling is the same except in a different location. Why was I in this place?
          Finally, I reached the hill top. Cautiously, I looked over the snowy mountain. The cold still brought a pain in my body. It was hard to see what was behind the mountainous hill.
         As I looked down, the breezy snow blew my layered hair. The object laid still in the snow. While the red trial was thicker and warmer than the being my mind still wonders what it could be. Closer and closer I got to the object.
         There was a body in the snow. The red was blood. And the person was-.
         Dun……Dun……Dun!
              My alarm went off on my desk. I forgot to turn the clock off from this morning. The sun was almost down and the house was dark. I was glad the alarm went off. The nightmare and the person? I don’t know who the person was and why were they there. Why did I have that nightmare?
         Glad it’s over. Now I can move on with my life.

                                            4

                “Uh”, I sighed as I tried to sit.”Goodmorning Sarah.”
         “Goodmorning sweetie. How did you sleep after you know…………yesterday?” Oh my gosh, how could I answer this. I really hope she isn’t made.
         “Umm my night was-ok.” I didn’t lie entirely. The nightmare was still on my mind, my bed was ssssoooo confrontable, and my legs felt weak. But Sarah can’t know that. She would worry and tell my mom.A BIG NO.”I feel so much better, but I can be sick.” I tried to cough but my acting skills are very low.”See, I think I need to……I have to stay home”
         Sarah laughed, “Well I think you can survive your first day of school.”
         “Really do I have to?”
         “Yes its part of your requirements for living here.”
         “I might as well skip.”, I mumbled under my breath. School was going to be hard. I could feel it. No one likes the new kid, I should know.
         “Hon, we need to talk” she passed me a plate of waffles and sausage.”I called your mom yesterday.”
         I nearly dropped my plate.”You did What!” Sarah’s head dropped towards the ground. I knew she was hurt by my reaction, but I didn’t care(really I did). During this whole Greenland thing, I thought Sarah would be like a friend to me. Really, I felt betrayed but I knew she was only trying to help.Finally, I calmed down, ”What did you talk about?”
         Her face slowly came up, but her smile was still gone.”We was talking about what school you was going to.”
         “Oh.” I was surprised they didn’t talk about my bad behavior and how hard it is to “take control” of my anger.I’m even surprise they didn’t talk about-.
         “Then I told her about yesterday. Sweetie why would you go outside without a coat or  jacket? That is so dangerous you almost died.” Her voice trailed off in my head. My fate, my freedom was gone. All I would have left is a cot, a toilet and a roommate name Betty in jail.
         Then Sarah mentioned a name. “Who did you say?”
         “Dolly Curise. She is a very nice women. Beautiful. One of the head doctors at the hospital. Miss. Curise was on her way to the store when she saw you. Thank God she knew what to do. Oh her brother-“
         The door bell rung. Someone was outside holding 3 heavy boxes.”That must be Dave. Always forgetting his key.” Sarah walked to the door and looked outside. You could barley see Dave’s face. The coat he was wearing had a big fur hood that covered his thin jawline.
         “Hey guys!”, he gave Sarah a kiss on the check as he dropped the boxes down.”Kim, you ready for the first day of school?”
         “I’m ready as ever.” I forced a big smile on my face. Although I have bad acting skills, I was great at hidding my emotion when I wanted to. This was going to be in my top ten worst days.
         “You better bundle up. We still have a good week until the last cold.”
         “It’s always cold.”
         “Yeah but it will be a little warm.” I walked back to the kitchen finishing my waffles. My thoughts took over my mind like normal. This time it was about the dream.
         I tried to picture the body on the ground, but I couldn’t see. The black figure must have helped kill the person…….or save it. I hope it tried to save the person. Killing. It’s just sick. Against God.Thy shalt not kill. One of the Ten Commandments. But why should that person care.If only I could have seen the body or who was near it.
         No.Stop.
         I have to stop think about this dream. The important thing to think about is today. “You’re going to miss the bus Kim!”, Sarah shouted out the door. I grab my bag walking slowly to the door. Dave and Sarah was giggling when I looked outside.
         “Where’s the bus?”, I yelled out the door. I didn’t hear a bus or see one pull up. I went outside to wait hopping that the bus crashed somewhere far away.
                “Surprise!” There was a black truck outside. The windows were tined and the wheels had chains on them. It sat high with a big red bow like a Christmas gift.” Do you like it?”
         I was speechless. No words could explain how happy I was.”I…..I love it! But”, I hesitated to ask”why did you buy it? I mean how much did it cost?” There was a long pause off silence. Awkward but wondering.”I do have to pay you back.”
         “No! It’s a gift from me and Dave.”, Sarah explained. “Besides, it was our old truck. We just painted it black and bought a new motor with hybrid engines.” It sound like a pretty penny. They was being so nice to…..me as if we I was part of their family. A real family.
         “Thank you so much….but-“
         “Its yours we just want you to have the best. Now there are some rules of driving, but you have to go to school first”, Dave looked at his watch” you’ll be late for school.” I hoped in the truck with one leg. My mom wouldn’t believe it, my own car. This is so exciting.
         The seats were  heated with a soft black leather cushion. They put in a new radio player fully loaded. In the back the seats looked so conftorable I could sleep on them. My truck was so awesome, so beautiful that its hard to believe I own it.
         As I drove off, I saw a note on the dashboard. It was directions to  the school. They must really think this town is big.
         Overall this morning has started have mediocre. I have a new stylish truck, a new family, and my life. The only thing that could ruin it is school. But I doubt that will happen.

[[[[[[[[[[[[[NOT FINISHED}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
© Copyright 2008 Big C (cmaid at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1441556-Docudrama